Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The founding fathers/mothers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism.
The founding fathers/mothers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism.
Who do you think are the founding fathers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism etc? Imo, it's clearly those like Darwin, Marx, Sanger, Kinsey etc. Thoughts from others?
RE: The founding fathers/mothers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism.
I don't give a shit. My lack of belief in your or any other stupid fictional diety does not depend on others.
(July 25, 2023 at 9:14 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Who do you think are the founding fathers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism etc? Imo, it's clearly those like Darwin, Marx, Sanger, Kinsey etc. Thoughts from others?

You clearly haven't read any Robert Green Ingersoll
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Founding fathers of atheism? What a dumb question. There have always been people who don't believe. We don't need a leader. Fuxxake.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Cavarka. 600bc, India.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 25, 2023 at 9:14 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Who do you think are the founding fathers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism etc? Imo, it's clearly those like Darwin, Marx, Sanger, Kinsey etc. Thoughts from others?
Liberalism: Wtf does Liberalism have to do with Athe.....STOP.....its a rhetorical question, please no new thread, you insufferable troll.
Darwin: Wtf does evolution have to do with Athe.....STOP.....its a rhetorical question, please no new thread, troll.
Marx: Wtf does an economics and politics philosophy have to do with Athe.....STOP.....its a rhetorical question, please no new thread, troll.
Kinsey: Seriously?....STOP.....its a rhetorical question, please no new thread, troll.

Atheism: "I do not believe in any god claims. Period"
Which part of this do you not understand after all these threads, after all those explanations?

You really think you can BS this forum into submission?
Do you really think Christ/God approves of that? Do you think the end (salvation) justifies the means (lies!)? A salvation, thats already given according to catechism?
How low are you planning to go, i mean beyond what we all had to witness already? I mean beyond all the blatant lies, mischaracterisatzions, the bastardized science, outdated and falsely applied philosophy, the "create new thread when being shown i am full of shit in the current one"?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
There wont be any floor. It could still be an interesting discussion. I bet it would be a huge list with some surprising candidates, all of which equally valid.

There's probably somebody...somewhere..who connects their atheism to an experience they had reading a subway sign.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
There were no founding fathers for not believing in gods just like there were no founding fathers for not believing in leprechauns.

As science progressed, people saw that gods and leprechauns were nonsense, and thus people grew up.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Quote:Who do you think are the founding fathers of Modern Atheism/Liberalism etc? Imo, it's clearly those like Darwin, Marx, Sanger, Kinsey etc. Thoughts from others?
Do you ever get tired of being so ignorant?
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

The founding fathers and mothers of modern atheism is your “Jesus” and the “church fathers”, and the various “popes”, “cardinals” and their coteries of conceited morons, fools and hangers on, of the kind that couldn’t be more familiar to you for you are one of them. 

They drove the formation of modern atheism by being responsible for thr 2000 year plague of imperial self-aggrandizing monotheist cults of christianity and Islam.     They made theism such a unprecedentedly stifling, overreaching, inescapable,  destructive, nauseating and obnoxious bane of humanity that it turned perceptive people who otherwise would have let more traditional myths and fable slide as innocuous quirks of culture and focused their minds onto the putting rigorous basis under determination of what is and what isn’t so as to contain this mass social disease and bane of progress and enlightened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27146 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is the name for modern atheists? bambi_swag 63 12474 October 4, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12490 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  An Important Recap on Modern Scholarship Minimalist 11 2298 August 31, 2014 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12156 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10504 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12014 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  God heals through modern medicine? Ziploc Surprise 31 10387 March 17, 2012 at 11:37 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38102 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack