Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:24 pm

Poll: Are you a "Pro 'gay' bigot"?
This poll is closed.
Yes I am
0%
0 0%
No I am not
7.69%
1 7.69%
LOL..WUT?!
92.31%
12 92.31%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you a "pro-'gay' bigot" exam offered by xtian church
Rainbow 
Are you a "pro-'gay' bigot" exam offered by xtian church
http://www.lifeandlibertyministries.com/...000157.php

Are You a Pro-'Gay' Bigot?
January 13, 2005

Twenty questions to get honest with ourselves.

This quiz is for those who care about current issues. Please pass it on to anyone you think should ponder these questions.

1. Do you believe in free speech about homosexuality for everyone except conservatives or Christians?

2. Do you participate in name-calling of those who object to homosexuality -- names like bigot, hate-monger, etc.?

3. Do you believe ‘gays’ have been deprived of the right to marry? Doesn’t pretty much everyone have the right to marry now -- to a person of the opposite sex?

4. Do you believe those who object to homosexuality are motivated by fear or ignorance? Do you believe they could never be motivated by compassion for the people involved, and if they say so, they must be lying?

5. Do you believe some people will just inevitably be homosexual, and that there’s a set percentage of the population that will always be ‘gay’, and that this won’t increase, even if a culture embraces ‘gay’ sex? Do you think homosexual experimentation could never become ‘chic’ and popular? Is there no risk for the people involved or our culture if this happens?

6. Do you automatically dismiss any conservative comments about homosexuality without listening? Do you believe you are well-informed, while refusing to learn about what homosexuals actually do and the risks involved?

7. Do you believe that the tragedy of any suicide by someone involved in homosexuality is the fault of conservatives? Is the best solution to these tragedies to demand that everyone in America accept homosexuality?

8. Do you automatically dismiss the idea that anyone could be a former homosexual, despite the hundreds of groups started by ex-‘gays’ and the thousands who live in America?

9. Do you believe that homosexuals are born that way? Do you refuse to consider the evidence against this claim? Have you ever looked at the connection between child sexual abuse and later homosexual attraction?

10. Do you believe that only churches that accept homosexuality have interpreted the Bible in the ‘correct’ way? Do you feel it isn’t necessary to read the relevant Bible passages yourself, all of which are straightforward in condemning homosexual acts? Do you believe it’s impossible to be “kind” and oppose homosexuality?

11. Are you quick to say “Judge not, lest you be judged” ( Matthew 7:1) and similar passages, without understanding the Christian theology behind it, and all the while being very judgmental yourself?

12. Do you sincerely believe Jesus would have accepted homosexual sex acts? Do you believe Jesus is cool with whatever anyone wants to do? Do you believe there’s such a thing as ‘sin’ and if so, how is it defined? Are you the one who defines sin for yourself? Do you have no need of a savior and if not, wasn’t Christ’s death and resurrection pretty pointless? Despite all these contradictory and self-constructed beliefs, do you consider yourself a “Christian”?

13. Do you believe sweeping stereotypes, like that all ‘gay’ people are innocent victims or that all conservatives must be mean and stupid?

14. Do you close your ears and figure it’s a conservative plot if you hear that at least 2/3 of all the HIV transmission in the United States still involves males having anal sex with each other?

15. Do you believe anyone who objects to homosexuality is automatically “hateful,” while you seethe with hate yourself?

16. Do you believe it’s okay for thirteen- year- olds to learn at school that they have the right to have homosexual sex with each other? Do you close your ears when concerned parents are outraged? Would you call such parents “ignorant” and accuse them of “censorship”?

17. Do you believe that, after several thousand years where most cultures have prohibited homosexuality, only now the ‘real’ truth is emerging? Do you believe this is not an arrogant, narrow or immature position?

18. Do you believe that ‘gays’ are the target of widespread violence that goes unpunished in the United States? Do you understand that hate crimes stats don’t support this claim and that laws already exist to punish all crimes, no matter why they are committed? Would you be unconcerned about overall civil liberties if trumped -up charges of so-called “hate speech” were used to silence people?

19. Do you believe that conservatives are making a big deal out of a behavior that has no harmful effects on individuals, families, communities, or societies? Do you scoff at any claims that serious public health issues are involved, like sexually transmitted diseases or risks to children?

20. And--very big question: Is your need for other people’s approval greater than your appreciation of truth? Do you refuse to consider an unpopular viewpoint because it might make you appear unenlightened to some people? If your mind and heart changed about this issue, would you have the courage to be a rebel for a worthy cause, to speak up and inform family, friends--and fellow humans who are involved in homosexuality?

The purpose of this quiz is to educate. If you feel angry now, it could be you have some bigoted attitudes, much like the author of this quiz did before learning the facts. Maybe it’s time for a change of mind and heart- -and courage to go with them. God bless you in your sincere search for truth.

From
Mission America

Posted: January 13, 2005 2:32 PM
RE: Are you a "pro-'gay' bigot" exam offered by xtian church
A lot of these questions read to me like "how long ago did you stop beating your wife?"
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
So um... where's the quiz so I can find out? 0.o I guess I'll do that here for myself...

Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:Are You a Pro-'Gay' Bigot?
January 13, 2005
LOL, WUT?!
Quote:Twenty questions to get honest with ourselves.
More like a hundred questions diguised as 20
Quote:This quiz is for those who care about current issues. Please pass it on to anyone you think should ponder these questions.
Its obvious you dont care about them because you arent very up on the numbers
Quote:1. Do you believe in free speech about homosexuality for everyone except conservatives or Christians?
#1 - see what I mean Void? In America "Conservatives" mean the same things as "Christians" to most of our citizens. So if you disagree with a religion, you are also disagreeing with a political group..isnt that funny how they manage that.
Quote:2. Do you participate in name-calling of those who object to homosexuality -- names like bigot, hate-monger, etc.?
#2 - Calling a hate monger a hate monger is an act of bigotry?
Quote:3. Do you believe ‘gays’ have been deprived of the right to marry? Doesn’t pretty much everyone have the right to marry now -- to a person of the opposite sex?
#3 - Gays never were givin the right, they have been fighting for it, and NO..nice try, but thats like me saying you have the same religious rights as everyone in the Soviet Union..you have the right to be an atheist and therefore dont deserve any special rights (and then I grin while you frown at me)..yeah, thats what you are trying to do and dont act like you arent.
Quote:4. Do you believe those who object to homosexuality are motivated by fear or ignorance? Do you believe they could never be motivated by compassion for the people involved, and if they say so, they must be lying?
#4 - Not just fear or ignorance, but by hatred (wether ration or imposed upon by upbringing), as well as religious hatreds as well. Because of the built in religious hatred, I automatically consider everything you say to be suspect about gays. So no, I dont trust you.
Quote:5. Do you believe some people will just inevitably be homosexual, and that there’s a set percentage of the population that will always be ‘gay’, and that this won’t increase, even if a culture embraces ‘gay’ sex? Do you think homosexual experimentation could never become ‘chic’ and popular? Is there no risk for the people involved or our culture if this happens?
#5 - Yup, some people will just be gay no matter how much you believe in Jebus or miracles. Its going to happen, and it will fluctuate, but it will usually be around the same population percentages. Yes, it can become popular (like it did in the 80's), but the percentages never go up much. There only risks come from people like you who demonize them and from diseases. Thats it.
Quote:6. Do you automatically dismiss any conservative comments about homosexuality without listening? Do you believe you are well-informed, while refusing to learn about what homosexuals actually do and the risks involved?
#6 - Of course I listen to you, the problem is it is the same old same old cut and paste crap, the same old cut and paste bible verses, the same old cut and paste quotes from those who were "cured" of homosexuality (and later returned to it with a public apology)..so how much more am I supposed to pay attention to things I debunked a decade ago? Oh, if I only read it one more time then maybe I will agree with you? Do I sound well informed?
Quote:7. Do you believe that the tragedy of any suicide by someone involved in homosexuality is the fault of conservatives? Is the best solution to these tragedies to demand that everyone in America accept homosexuality?
#7 - Not always. I will not generalize that way. I want to see the contents of their suicide note. Let me be honest though..your types demonizing them sure do reflect poorly on YOU when people you demonize kill themselves. You dont have to accept homosexuality. All you have to do is let these people live their lives. You refuse to do that, so therefore you might as well put a target on your back...they will point at you for what you are doing. If you dont like being called a bigot, then stop your bigoted ways.
Quote:8. Do you automatically dismiss the idea that anyone could be a former homosexual, despite the hundreds of groups started by ex-‘gays’ and the thousands who live in America?
#8 - LOL, "former homosexual", LOL. I have listened to your bigoted types before. How is it that you say it? Oh yeah "Suck one dick and you are a cocksucker for life." Yeah, I am aware of the mind games your types like to play. If the person switched from gay sex to straight sex, that may mean "straight" to you (because you arent to up to date on things), but to me it means "bi-sexual", a word that is rarely or NEVER said from christians and neo-theo-cons. Its always straight or gay, black or white, extreme or extreme with your types. So when your "former homosexual" decides he doesnt like the opposite sex again, and goes back to the same, you claim he was never cured to begin with, nor did he really have Jesus in his heart. Me? I say the same thing I said when he "changed" and after he "changed"; "He's a bi-sexual. Give him time and he will want a stiff one soon..especially if his current wife isnt giving him one.". Need I say more about "ex-gays". What is it you say about "ex-christians"? You say they were never really Christians to begin with. You people play to many word games.
Quote:9. Do you believe that homosexuals are born that way? Do you refuse to consider the evidence against this claim? Have you ever looked at the connection between child sexual abuse and later homosexual attraction?
#9 - Most of these people you call homosexuals are really bi-sexuals who sometimes tend to prefer the same sex than the opposite. Someone who is purely homosexual, to me, is more than likely that way because of genetics. And the usual, trying to link child abuse to homosexuality...I think I will link the Catholics and the protestants..and whenever the pope does something fucked up, I will blame ALL Christians. Dont cry foul. If you can do it with gays, then I can do it to you. You started the game first.
Quote:10. Do you believe that only churches that accept homosexuality have interpreted the Bible in the ‘correct’ way? Do you feel it isn’t necessary to read the relevant Bible passages yourself, all of which are straightforward in condemning homosexual acts? Do you believe it’s impossible to be “kind” and oppose homosexuality?
#10 - Sigh, the Bible is just flat out hateful to gays, so it isnt about churches to me, and of course you can be kind to things you oppose..so why not show it?
Quote:11. Are you quick to say “Judge not, lest you be judged” ( Matthew 7:1) and similar passages, without understanding the Christian theology behind it, and all the while being very judgmental yourself?
#11 - you need to look in the mirror. I personally think the bible and its "judge not" is absolutely wrong. I WILL use my judgement how I see fit, and your wizard in the sky will not stop me no matter how many spells you cast at me in his name.
Quote:12. Do you sincerely believe Jesus would have accepted homosexual sex acts? Do you believe Jesus is cool with whatever anyone wants to do? Do you believe there’s such a thing as ‘sin’ and if so, how is it defined? Are you the one who defines sin for yourself? Do you have no need of a savior and if not, wasn’t Christ’s death and resurrection pretty pointless? Despite all these contradictory and self-constructed beliefs, do you consider yourself a “Christian”?
#12 - there is that one verse where the naked boy ran out of the tent Jesus was in. Let me be specific, that ONLY he and Jesus were in. I think Jesus is mostly an asshole, who occasionally said good things. I also think Jesus was preaching communism, and that his followers even are described as making a theocratic communism in the later books, but I dont see you on the left side of the spectrum now, do I? Your Jebus is made up like Hercules, and if NOT being like you means I am a Christian, then I guess I am a christian.
Quote:13. Do you believe sweeping stereotypes, like that all ‘gay’ people are innocent victims or that all conservatives must be mean and stupid?
#13 - I dont do sweeping stereotypes like you do. I actually call them people "bi-sexual" when you insist they are either gay or straight. And no, I COMPLETELY think that a Christian Conservative can also be VERY homosexual and even molest children.
Quote:14. Do you close your ears and figure it’s a conservative plot if you hear that at least 2/3 of all the HIV transmission in the United States still involves males having anal sex with each other?
#14 - Did you get off on posting the words "anal sex"? LMFAO. Actually for a time I thought that, then I became away that needles were a big factor..wether on the street or blood transfusion in the hospitals. I would guess without looking up a website on it that it would be heterosexuals and bi-sexuals spreading the disease. If I were to really break it down, I would blame unprotected sex on the disease, but that isnt were you want to go. That is NOT demonizing gay people, which is what you want to do, because you are a bigot, so you will blame gays for it, not unprotected sex.
Quote:15. Do you believe anyone who objects to homosexuality is automatically “hateful,” while you seethe with hate yourself?
#15 - Do you want me to hate you? If you have a persecution complex then I will say "I disagree with you" and then you can blow it out of proportion.
Quote:16. Do you believe it’s okay for thirteen- year- olds to learn at school that they have the right to have homosexual sex with each other? Do you close your ears when concerned parents are outraged? Would you call such parents “ignorant” and accuse them of “censorship”?
#16 - That old? I think they should be younger when taught about sex. And yes they should be taught that homosexuals are not "ob da debil". I only close my ears when people are screaming and yelling, and how come "concerned' parents are the ones against this? Why cant I be a "concerned parent" that is FOR homosexuals being considered human in school? Censorship is a good word, but I dont think it fits the best in this situation. "Refusing to allow the schools to enforce a specific religious intolerance" is a much better description.
Quote:17. Do you believe that, after several thousand years where most cultures have prohibited homosexuality, only now the ‘real’ truth is emerging? Do you believe this is not an arrogant, narrow or immature position?
#17 - Should I be suprised that your historical knowledge of sex and society is sorely lacking?
Quote:18. Do you believe that ‘gays’ are the target of widespread violence that goes unpunished in the United States? Do you understand that hate crimes stats don’t support this claim and that laws already exist to punish all crimes, no matter why they are committed? Would you be unconcerned about overall civil liberties if trumped -up charges of so-called “hate speech” were used to silence people?
#18 - Man, you REALLY want to be able to scream "FAGGOT!!" at someone and really treat them like shit and have the government do nothing to you. What a dick. But I expect that from someone who is sorely ignorant about sexual social history.
Quote:19. Do you believe that conservatives are making a big deal out of a behavior that has no harmful effects on individuals, families, communities, or societies? Do you scoff at any claims that serious public health issues are involved, like sexually transmitted diseases or risks to children?
#19 - Yes I do, quite frankly, I find your types to be a bunch of blowhards. I sometimes imagine you running around with your hands up in the air, screaming "If gays are treated like humans, then nobody will have children anymore..it will be the end of the species" as you run to your survival/bomb shelter. Yeah, you guys come off like that sometimes. You should be ashamed, you know.
Quote:20. And--very big question: Is your need for other people’s approval greater than your appreciation of truth? Do you refuse to consider an unpopular viewpoint because it might make you appear unenlightened to some people? If your mind and heart changed about this issue, would you have the courage to be a rebel for a worthy cause, to speak up and inform family, friends--and fellow humans who are involved in homosexuality?
#20 - and to conclude, this was really a hundred question test, not a 20 question test. Thanks for cramming 2 to 5 questions under each numbered column. Does your brain organize thoughts the same way?
Quote:The purpose of this quiz is to educate. If you feel angry now, it could be you have some bigoted attitudes, much like the author of this quiz did before learning the facts. Maybe it’s time for a change of mind and heart- -and courage to go with them. God bless you in your sincere search for truth.
You need to go back and re-evaluated your bigotry, because I could find your bigoted attitude in many of the questions.
I predict that in the future Dotard will come in with his rants, waaaaaaait for it!, waaaaiiiit for it.... Big Grin
Here goes:

I guess that makes me a pro-gay bigot by mission america's definition.

Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
(April 11, 2011 at 5:17 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I predict that in the future Dotard will come in with his rants, waaaaaaait for it!, waaaaiiiit for it.... Big Grin

Rants? Hmmm, funny really. I tend to agree largely with them.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 11, 2011 at 5:20 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
(April 11, 2011 at 5:17 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I predict that in the future Dotard will come in with his rants, waaaaaaait for it!, waaaaiiiit for it.... Big Grin

Rants? Hmmm, funny really. I tend to agree largely with them.

I know, I also predicted you'd storm in in defense, damn, should've put that in the post Tongue
I thought the overarching question of rationalism over hatred worked either way.

I think Dotard is getting to me... I'm starting to think that homophobia is a natural mechanism to preserve the species. I think it's right that any minority is protected and it's freedoms preserved, as nature will out.
I didnt know that gay "Eat da poopoo"?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1238 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Stop Asking Me to Go to Church with You Rhondazvous 27 2897 May 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3745 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2621 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is there room for a xtian section in an atheist forum? Bow Before Zeus 70 9643 December 6, 2017 at 4:04 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What xtian hymns sound like to an atheist drfuzzy 30 7912 September 22, 2017 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Here's A Xtian I'll Tip My Hat To Minimalist 0 842 April 9, 2017 at 8:04 pm
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4152 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1079 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm