Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ninja cat.....
Ninja cat.....
My cat just made my day.

So he is sitting on the kitchen counter top. I am standing a couple feet away. I pet him briefly and BAM, like a stealth bomber, he JUMPS up like an acrobat on my shoulder. I love shit like that. 

So what are some of the more silly things your pet cat or dog have done to show you they love you?
RE: Ninja cat.....
(October 24, 2017 at 9:22 am)Brian37 Wrote: My cat just made my day.

So he is sitting on the kitchen counter top. I am standing a couple feet away. I pet him briefly and BAM, like a stealth bomber, he JUMPS up like an acrobat on my shoulder. I love shit like that. 

So what are some of the more silly things your pet cat or dog have done to show you they love you?

My 37 pound tom cat doesn't lay on my face when I'm asleep.  Heart
We used to have a cat who loved to lie in wait behind the curtains and then attack your feet when you walked past. He used to climb inside the reclining armchairs we had then and sit under there, just waiting for a victim to sit in it. It was so comical seeing these paws flashing out and grabbing unsuspecting feet.

Another cat we had (or it might have been the same one) used to run up the stairs after my mum when she went into the bathroom of a morning, and then leap into the bath so as to lap up the water from the dripping tap (the cat, not my mum). Until of course the day when my mum had some net curtains soaking in the bath... I wasn't there to see it, but I can picture the look of shock and betrayal on his face as the poor cat tore into the room, launched himself into the air and dived headfirst into the water. Whereupon he leaped out, ran back downstairs and was never tempted to do it again.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I sleep on my side and, every night, one of my boys curls up against chest as tightly as he can, (if he doesn't curl up against my face, instead).

I have one who chirps and then rolls onto his back the moment I walk near him wanting a belly rub.

The third boy comes and sits on the edge of the bath whenever I decide to have a soak. Or he'll curl up and sleep on a towel by the bath.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: The third boy comes and sits on the edge of the bath whenever I decide to have a soak.  Or he'll curl up and sleep on a towel by the bath.

The routines pets fall into are weird and funny.

One of my dogs always stands at the ready as I shower. Once I open the curtain and start to dry off, she licks exactly the same spot on my left knee every time.
(October 24, 2017 at 3:28 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: The third boy comes and sits on the edge of the bath whenever I decide to have a soak.  Or he'll curl up and sleep on a towel by the bath.

The routines pets fall into are weird and funny.

One of my dogs always stands at the ready as I shower. Once I open the curtain and start to dry off, she licks exactly the same spot on my left knee every time.

I had an older girl who would run into the bathroom the moment she heard the tap running in the bath.

She would walk along the edge of the bath, fall in, and I'd inevitably get scratch marks in weird places.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 24, 2017 at 3:25 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I sleep on my side and, every night, one of my boys curls up against chest as tightly as he can, (if he doesn't curl up against my face, instead).

I have one who chirps and then rolls onto his back the moment I walk near him wanting a belly rub.

The third boy comes and sits on the edge of the bath whenever I decide to have a soak.  Or he'll curl up and sleep on a towel by the bath.

I don't blame them one bit.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
The main way that cats show love and respect for you is bumping their heads against you. My cat does that all the time.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 24, 2017 at 5:09 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: The main way that cats show love and respect for you is bumping their heads against you.  My cat does that all the time.

You ain't just dissling wixie. My cat not only does that, but will while sitting in my lap, bury his face in my forearm.
(October 24, 2017 at 5:09 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: The main way that cats show love and respect for you is bumping their heads against you.  My cat does that all the time.

They have scent glands in their cheeks. You're a marked man.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That unofficial cat thread. Brian37 13 1243 October 21, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1984 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2151 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My cat is sneezing WinterHold 22 2488 April 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1768 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  Favorite Ninja Turtle! Mystic 27 4678 April 24, 2018 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  My cat is the worst thing ever! Foxaèr 14 3049 April 24, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Heart The Cat thread Martian Mermaid 7 998 November 17, 2017 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  The Copy-Cat WinterHold 10 1498 May 3, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  AF Members as Cat Memes Re-animated Mystical 361 85615 December 21, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Mystical