Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praying for cheaper gas.
Praying for cheaper gas.
Church Group To Pray For Lower Fuel Prices

Quote:"If it doesn't drop down to nothin' but ten cents, I'm happy with that. But what I really want to believe God to do is drop down $1.50, hey, I'm glad with that, too,"

Hey, maybe the third time is the charm. I know, the gas company CEOs are praying harder & more often, that's got to be it!
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Praying for cheaper gas.
I sure hope Adam Smith is rolling in his grave, because I'm rolling with laughter on my computer chair.

ROFLOL
Prayers answered:

[Image: original_15%20HB%20small%20cropped.jpg]
The Dum..... it burnnnnzzzzzz!!!!!!
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
"god" just wiped out an entire city with a tsunami but yeah, I'm sure he's interested in your gas prices. You people should also ask if he can fix your car, clean your house and unclog your sceptic system while your at it. O and make sure to remind him about your favorite baseball team for the summer.

Jesus tastes like stupid.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Fuel prices aren't going UP, your currency is going DOWN. Relative to other currencies the gains in oil prices are marginal, relative to other commodities the prices are relatively stable, compared to Gold and Silver the price is going down.
My Brit friends are paying $10.50/gal or so. I'm not whining here yet.
Go take into account all the subsidies, tarrifs, excise and at least some of the costs of the wars for oil and all the inflation your Reserve Bank is causing and then tell me you're paying less than the brits Smile It only looks like you're paying less because you don't get to see all the cash you're forking out aside from the pump.
(April 24, 2011 at 12:22 pm)theVOID Wrote: Go take into account all the subsidies, tarrifs, excise and at least some of the costs of the wars for oil and all the inflation your Reserve Bank is causing and then tell me you're paying less than the brits Smile It only looks like you're paying less because you don't get to see all the cash you're forking out aside from the pump.

So they don't pay anything besides the pump price. "Congestion fee", anyone?
(April 24, 2011 at 12:28 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote:
(April 24, 2011 at 12:22 pm)theVOID Wrote: Go take into account all the subsidies, tarrifs, excise and at least some of the costs of the wars for oil and all the inflation your Reserve Bank is causing and then tell me you're paying less than the brits Smile It only looks like you're paying less because you don't get to see all the cash you're forking out aside from the pump.

So they don't pay anything besides the pump price. "Congestion fee", anyone?

Only if you want to go to the hellish place that is the london road system.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brazilian woman has spent years praying to Lord of the Rings doll Cyberman 41 5587 January 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Discount for Praying? Minimalist 26 3813 August 2, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Told Bro-in-law to tell Gov. Perry to quit praying for rain. Anymouse 12 4577 September 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rev. Pat Robertson not praying right Anymouse 0 1563 August 26, 2011 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Anymouse
  If your a Christian is it worth praying? Captain Scarlet 32 11766 September 2, 2010 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Entropist
  Praying for others? socialchameleon 45 18463 September 8, 2009 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: dry land fish
  " Carry on Praying " starring nurse Caroline Petrie bozo 15 6153 April 28, 2009 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet