Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IRS tax scam phone call DO NOT ANSWER.
IRS tax scam phone call DO NOT ANSWER.
This is not the first year I have gotten a scam call. HANG UP do not give out personal info. 

JUST so you know, the IRS never calls you by phone, much less threatens a lawsuit on the phone. 

IF you see this phone number on your ID, report it.

1-800-829--0433.
RE: IRS tax scam phone call DO NOT ANSWER.
Actually IRS agents DO call generally to make appointments for an office or home visit.  However, you will always receive at least 4 written notices prior to the case being assigned to an actual human being.

Now it is also true that under the current regime ( republicunt...as always ) they are farming some overdue accounts out to debt collection agencies and what those scumbags do is anyone's guess.  Still, best to assume that anyone who calls you out of the blue is a scammer.
I generally never pick up for the IRS to begin with Tongue
(January 29, 2018 at 4:21 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: I generally never pick up for the IRS to begin with Tongue

Ok TIBS and Sell B, THAT CUTS IT, how the hell did 45 get an account here? 

I can handle Tibs being a Pats fan, but it we don't need the Troll and Chief as a member here.  Big Grin
I love answering, I've made it a small hobby to waste as much of their time as I can.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(January 29, 2018 at 4:37 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I love answering, I've made it a small hobby to waste as much of their time as I can.

Putting them on hold is easy and efficient.
(January 29, 2018 at 4:37 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: I love answering, I've made it a small hobby to waste as much of their time as I can.

It was a robo call, automated voice.
That's a dead giveaway.  The IRS cannot afford that kind of technology.  

Quote:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/irs-compu...d-schickel

Quote:I want to say something positive about the IRS Computer System; it is obsolete but still highly functional 56 years after it went on line. No one has ever breached the ADP/IDRS System, simply because it is not on-line. The mainframe master computer went online in 1961 and it is called the Automated Data Processing System (ADP).It contains information on every person, business, trust, partnership and estate from that time to the present, it is a huge database. This is called the Master File. It is like a large file cabinet that has data on every American citizen alive or dead since 1961.

The shit is thus generations older than the kids who try to hack into it.

When I started in 1972 they were so proud of it.  About ten years later one of my buddies was doing an interview with a guy and when he came back he was laughing.  I asked him what happened and he said "that guy runs a computer company, on the way out he asked if he could see what our computers looked like.  I told him to look over the wall into the Taxpayer Service Area and he said ' wow.... this is like going to a museum.'

That would have been in the early 80's.
I have in the past received hundreds of these robocalls. I have a policy of letting all unknown / blocked numbers go to voicemail. Spoofed caller-ID is common - a lot of the time, they spoofed a number in my own area code, presumably to trick me into thinking it was someone I know. Fools! No one ever calls me.

When I reviewed the voice mails, they all lacked any kind of detail whatsoever about the supposed matter that needed resolving.

Min is right, you'll get copious amounts of correspondence from them if they have an interest in you.

In general, if anyone is threatening legal action on the phone for any reason, I laugh and hang up. They aren't serious, yet, if at all. Letters from the IRS or bona fide attorneys are another matter altogether. The IRS can really fuck your life up if they have you in their sights.
(January 29, 2018 at 5:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: That's a dead giveaway.  The IRS cannot afford that kind of technology.  

Quote:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/irs-compu...d-schickel

Quote:I want to say something positive about the IRS Computer System; it is obsolete but still highly functional 56 years after it went on line. No one has ever breached the ADP/IDRS System, simply because it is not on-line. The mainframe master computer went online in 1961 and it is called the Automated Data Processing System (ADP).It contains information on every person, business, trust, partnership and estate from that time to the present, it is a huge database. This is called the Master File. It is like a large file cabinet that has data on every American citizen alive or dead since 1961.

The shit is thus generations older than the kids who try to hack into it.

When I started in 1972 they were so proud of it.  About ten years later one of my buddies was doing an interview with a guy and when he came back he was laughing.  I asked him what happened and he said "that guy runs a computer company, on the way out he asked if he could see what our computers looked like.  I told him to look over the wall into the Taxpayer Service Area and he said ' wow.... this is like going to a museum.'

That would have been in the early 80's.

"I broke through the Pentagon's firewall on a dare in high school!" Tony Stark.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another billion dollar scam SimpleCaveman 12 907 January 14, 2024 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Stage set for impeachment after Pence dismisses House call to invoke 25th Am. WinterHold 26 1112 January 15, 2021 at 6:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  If the Fed can print an unlimited amount of money, why does anybody need to pay tax? ignoramus 12 937 April 24, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Quarantine questions I just can't answer. Gawdzilla Sama 6 564 April 2, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  CNN- UN expert recommends Kushner change his phone after suspected Saudi hack WinterHold 1 529 January 25, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING: Amazon boss's phone 'hacked by Saudi crown prince' WinterHold 47 2832 January 24, 2020 at 11:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump and Tax Fraud epronovost 10 1101 October 4, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Question for anyone who can answer. Brian37 22 2398 July 6, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  IRS website crashed today...... Brian37 9 885 April 17, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Tax Bill: Pro-Life? Pro-Family?? Bullshit Minimalist 30 4149 April 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: John V