Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Q&A
Pope Q&A
So...i found this article...the stupidity is quite annoying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110422/ap_o...ood_friday

This is a quote from the article itself. I just find it stupid that people have come to believe this.

Quote: "I also have the same questions: Why is it this way? Why do you have to suffer so much while others live in ease?" Benedict said. "And we do not have the answers but we know that Jesus suffered as you do, an innocent."

Trying for words of comfort, the pope told her that "even if we are still sad, God is by your side."

He said Elena should tell herself: "One day, I will understand that this suffering was not empty, it wasn't in vain, but behind it was a good plan, a plan of love."

~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.
RE: Pope Q&A
(April 22, 2011 at 2:03 pm)Sarcasm Wrote: So...i found this article...the stupidity is quite annoying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110422/ap_o...ood_friday

This is a quote from the article itself. I just find it stupid that people have come to believe this.

Quote: "I also have the same questions: Why is it this way? Why do you have to suffer so much while others live in ease?" Benedict said. "And we do not have the answers but we know that Jesus suffered as you do, an innocent."

Trying for words of comfort, the pope told her that "even if we are still sad, God is by your side."

He said Elena should tell herself: "One day, I will understand that this suffering was not empty, it wasn't in vain, but behind it was a good plan, a plan of love."

A motivational speaker I heard once remarked how little was more painful to human beings than suffering for no reason. Somehow feeling like the suffering was part of some larger plan is comforting to human beings. Such is the way our brains are wired.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
But I thought jesus suffered so we didn't have to.

Or was that raptor jesus?
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Q: Does an altar boy's asshole ache when one of your pervert priests is humping away on him, Herr Von Popenfuhrer?

A: If god wills it.
Quote:Benedict was responding to questions submitted over the last few weeks by the general public via state-run RAI television's website, part of the Vatican's new push to engage with the world online and through Facebook, Twitter and other social media.

[Image: chris_hansen_large.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I derive no comfort from any idea that I suffer for a large plan. I derive comfort from killing the planner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1900 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3294 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  For anyone who likes Pope Francis Creed of Heresy 26 3897 February 7, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  Pope Francis even brings the Gospel to your pets Mudhammam 12 3117 December 14, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  As progressive as the Pope is, he's still a Pope... Napoléon 21 3903 November 18, 2014 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pope Francis The Antichrist Christian 43 6260 October 30, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  you can read how great the Pope is piotrniz 11 2604 September 7, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Pope says atheists can go to Heaven now! Weewah 35 6202 April 26, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: FlyingNarwhal
  The Pope Assumes Responsibility Foxaèr 20 3312 April 14, 2014 at 11:53 am
Last Post: archangle
  Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds Mudhammam 6 1856 January 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene