Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
christians at the door?
christians at the door?
Some christians came to our door yesterday to talk about jesus (In the freezing cold and snow as well.... f***ing crazy), I'd not long got out of bed (snow day = all morning in bed Big Grin ), so debate was out of the question, but I think I managed to succeed in sending them away rather confused:

xtian1: hello, how are you today?

me: umm... i'm ok thanks, can i help?

xtian2: we'd like to take a few minutes of your time to talk to you about jesus

me: about who?

xtian2: jesus, our saviour and lord

me: *blank look*

xtian2: surely you know that the lord god sent his son to die for our sins?

me: oohhh, i see, you're confused. You don't mean jesus, you mean captain birdseye

xtians: . . .

me: yes, the lord sent captain birdseye to earth to sell us fish fingers. and also to die for our sins. have you accepted captain birdseye as your personal saviour?

xtian2: no, we...

me: then youre going to hell! do you know what hell's like?

xtians: *fumble for words*

me: that's ok neither do I. But here's what I do know... there aren't any fish fingers... *shuts door*

This isn't a verbatim transcript, but close enough i think Smile
I was quite impressed with myself, in this situation I'd usually say something like "oh... um... im not interested. bye" and then think of something fun to say after theyd gone.

Never had christians at the door before...
Galileo was a man of science oppressed by the irrational and superstitious. Today, he is used by the irrational and superstitious who claim they are being oppressed by science - Mark Crislip
RE: christians at the door?
Haha! Nice one Big Grin
Had a Mormon come to the door once at the exact time i'd managed to gash my leg open with a knife (don't ask). I politely said "sorry, i'm busy" to which he replied "I'm a doctor!", fetched out my first aid kit and fixed me up good and proper -- really nice chap, too.

From that day on I've always invited Mormons in for a cuppa and a bit of cake and a natter about Mormonism.
God Calls Me God
Maybe it's my country but, I have yet to experience any religious group coming to my door. I'd happily invite them in and put on some coffee (I enjoy the debate at any time, and they usually mean well) but, none ever come.

Either way these stories are great, "I'm a doctor!" lol. I'd be so suspicious.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Dont tell a Mormon that story or else they will say that that doctor was sent by the Lord to heal you at home lmfao!! I once held some Jehovas witnesses at my door for two hours straight taking their precious bible and mythological stories apart piece by piece and I did not even invite them in.Lets just say it was a standing room only service but I enjoyed every minute of it.When I am not in the mood for debate a simple I dont have time for Jesus will suffice with a slam of the door before they get a word out in response lol.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

LMAO that's good!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Door knocking Darwinian 13 1070 September 18, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5463 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10997 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  door to door recruitment.. atheist04330 90 11085 August 7, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Two Mormons knocked on my door today vodkafan 10 2832 June 2, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Door to door religion yoshirama 43 7960 January 31, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  How do you make the door to door religious people go away? TaraJo 43 22327 September 15, 2012 at 6:37 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Increased door-knocking... Ace Otana 33 7480 April 22, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Thor