Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
door to door recruitment..
door to door recruitment..
what do you do with door to door recruitment?
I live in a city and about once a week someone comes to my door.
like Jehovah's Witnesses and so on...
I have a "no solicitors" Sign but they say "Oh i am not trying to sell you anything" and i say no thank you and they ask if they can come back later and i say no.

I also have a private property sign and one guy said "this is not your private property the earth is GOD'S private property!"

So how do you deal with them?
Because they will knock till someone opens the door.
If they hear you inside they will knock all day.

I had one guy come back like 3 times in one day.
RE: door to door recruitment..
Tell them to fuck off.
(July 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: what do you do with door to door recruitment?
I live in a city and about once a week someone comes to my door.
I have a "no solicitors" Sign but they say "Oh i am not trying to sell you anything" and i say no thank you and they ask if they can come back later and i say no.

I also have a private property sign and one guy said "this is not your private property the earth is GOD'S private property!"

So how do you deal with them?
Because they will knock till someone opens the door.

On my house in Aus I have a sign tthat says, basically, "This is an atheist household. If you're trying to push your religion on the resident, please tthink twice. If you insist on trying anyway, be prepared for a fight."

It's right next to the front door.
Dying to live, living to die.
I tell them "No thanks, I'm faithless." But if you're particularly concerened with JWs, the only thing you need to say is, "I've been disFellowshipped." They are forbidden contact with you, and will have your addresse registered to be avoided.

As an aside, nothing says "universal truth" like needing door-to-door salesmen.

(July 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: what do you do with door to door recruitment?

Initially, I politely invite them to remove themselves from my property.

(July 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: I live in a city and about once a week someone comes to my door.
I have a "no solicitors" Sign but they say "Oh i am not trying to sell you anything"

This is where I would cease being polite.

(July 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: I also have a private property sign and one guy said "this is not your private property the earth is GOD'S private property!"

This is where I'd say "We'll see about that." and call the police. Or turn the hose or a bucket of ice water on them. Or something.

(July 10, 2014 at 5:14 pm)atheist04330 Wrote: Because they will knock till someone opens the door.

They (or the Mormons) *never* come to my door any more. I still see them in the neighborhood.
I usually use the Jedi Mind Trick on them. It's a proven tactic.
[Image: Jedi-Mind-Trick.png]
Quote:"Oh i am not trying to sell you anything"

Yes they are. 10 pounds of bullshit in a 5-pound bag.
in our town its Jehovah's Witnesses and christian science and scientology and the korean church of god that go door to door.

But the korean church of god are nice people they just go around in the poor neighborhoods to tell people about there free korean BBQ supper they do.. I been to it and they don't force there views on anyone and just want to help people.

Unlike the soup kitchen and the homeless shelter that do force their views on people.
At the soup kitchen before the meal you have to listen to the priest say a prayer.
and the homeless shelter makes you sign a thing saying you take the lord jesus as your saver..
Then they have you go get baptized after they give you free clean clothing and a shower and a nights rest.

Crazy...
Unfortunately I am unable to vocalize my feelings on the subject, or rein in my emotions on this matter. Whenever I try to, whenever I try to give this cult the addressing down to it deserves, I usually end up tearing my own face off, screaming, and cutting myself with a recently acquired copy of "Awake!" with those oh-so-smartly dressed men and women dancing gaily in the burning apocalypse.

Fuck the Jehovah's Witnesses....

Fuck...

...Nnnn

Nnnnnnargh! >:C
You could amend your No Solicitors sign with "Includes any anyone proselytizing on behalf of a religious institution" so when they still knock you are under no obligation to be polite to them. They can read the sign. They know you don't want them to. So if they do it anyway, it's their own damn fault for the treatment they get.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Door knocking Darwinian 13 1072 September 18, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5491 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hardcore Recruitment StuW 1 802 August 14, 2014 at 3:52 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Two Mormons knocked on my door today vodkafan 10 2835 June 2, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Door to door religion yoshirama 43 7988 January 31, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  How do you make the door to door religious people go away? TaraJo 43 22330 September 15, 2012 at 6:37 am
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Increased door-knocking... Ace Otana 33 7485 April 22, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Thor
  christians at the door? lilphil1989 5 2146 February 13, 2009 at 2:13 am
Last Post: funnyguy