Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real Christians
Real Christians
It it sad to see how common it is that christians dwell in inconsistency:

preach family values, divorce sick wife
preach forgiveness, demand the death penalty
preach charity, denigrate welfare
preach the sanctity of life, bomb other countries
preach abstinence, reject comprehensive sex education

Would the world be better off or worse off if all christians stopped being hypocritical, cherry-picking, and do as the bible says?

Or would a theocratic tyranny damn the world?
"People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers." - Mythology for Profit
RE: Real Christians
(May 13, 2011 at 11:36 pm)FadingW Wrote: preach forgiveness, demand the death penalty
They'll go one step further than that.

Preach forgiveness, curse non-believers to a realm of eternal torment and suffering.
Would it be better if people didn't commit to turn their lives around and fail, or is it better never to try?
If the relative harm is greater for one part or the other, we have a factor to focus on.
The problem is that if they wanted to live their life like the bible says, I'm sure they'd pick Leviticus.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Bill Maher's "New Rules" from last night. The relevant part starts at about 2:50.

http://crooksandliars.com/heather/bill-m...e-so-calle
Quote:preach family values, cheat on wife while she lies in hospital with cancer
There, I fixed this one to specifically work for Newt.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
From what Ive seen there is no such thing as a true christian nor practicer of any religion. The pastor at the church im forced to go to doesn't even like me. But their conservative christian's and even though my aunt is half hispanic she looks white. So I get glares for being completely brown and smiles from the blonde girls. Wink Shades

He like's to aim allot of his sermons at me and constantly reffers to me as the guest which is hilarious because Im always there on sunday's and after a year it's kinda pitiful. I am the only outsider at the church, one time there was a black guy but he's not allowed back there. If it wasnt for the non biological family I have, I too would probly not be allowed there.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(May 15, 2011 at 5:00 am)JohnDG Wrote: From what Ive seen there is no such thing as a true christian nor practicer of any religion. The pastor at the church im forced to go to doesn't even like me. But their conservative christian's and even though my aunt is half hispanic she looks white. So I get glares for being completely brown and smiles from the blonde girls. Wink Shades

He like's to aim allot of his sermons at me and constantly reffers to me as the guest which is hilarious because Im always there on sunday's and after a year it's kinda pitiful. I am the only outsider at the church, one time there was a black guy but he's not allowed back there. If it wasnt for the non biological family I have, I too would probly not be allowed there.

Then your family needs to have a talk with the church and if the church is not willing to do the right thing and ask God to help them be accepting of all persons, then they should join another church where Christ's love reigns.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(May 15, 2011 at 11:12 pm)Godschild Wrote: Then your family needs to have a talk with the church and if the church is not willing to do the right thing and ask God to help them be accepting of all persons, then they should join another church where Christ's love reigns.

When you say, "a church where christ's love reigns," do you mean the exact same love of the guy who made this quote:
A casual stroll through hell proves that faith is everything. - GOD

Also, where did you get this quote from god? I've never seen that in the bible. Did you get it directly from him? Because you have it grammatically shown as an actual quote.

Also will your god use silly smiley faces when he casts us all into his lake of fire? Devil

LMAO ... "a place where Christ's love reigns" .... LMAO .... what a fucking joke.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7843 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31282 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2633 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Real life Christians? Foxaèr 27 3540 April 11, 2016 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  Going to be real with you christians dyresand 3 1661 September 16, 2015 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  Going to be real with you christians dyresand 2 1367 September 16, 2015 at 1:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51240 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15813 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9948 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris