Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Justice?
Social Justice?
Social justice generally refers to the idea of creating a society or institution that is based on the principles of equality and solidarity, that understands and values human rights, and that recognizes the dignity of every human being.

How many of you forgo bible verses against this principle?

Edit: How many of you christians forgo bible verses against this principle?
RE: Social Justice?
Im for social justice.. fuck the bible. This isnt about myths..this is about the here and the now.
Equality is disgusting.

Solidarity is democratic (and also disgusting).

Which incredibly speciesistic illusions do they value?

As if all of us had any dignity to be recognized...

I'm not even a christian and I'm against the whole line. Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Sae..it isnt about all individuals thinking exactly the same way

Its about seeing humans as individuals who want to survive. We should come together to help each other in the bare necesities of life so that our survival as a species continues.

Why is that so disgusting to you?
My Good Reverend Jeremiah Wrote:Sae..it isnt about all individuals thinking exactly the same way

Its about seeing humans as individuals who want to survive. We should come together to help each other in the bare necesities of life so that our survival as a species continues.

Why is that so disgusting to you?

I think you misunderstand me...

Equality is unfair unless all of those judged are equal. And we are not all equal.

Democracy is the most disturbing form of government I am aware of, and solidarity is a part of it.

I am not so speciesist that I don't recognize Pearl (my dog) to be a person. She is an individual and I'm willing to help keep her alive because I like her... and I'll even take in a stray if they are not particularly unwanted by me. We should just plain be nice... it isn't about whether something is a human or even known to us... it's that we be friendly, helpful, and sociable. This is why I cannot accept humanism or other forms of speciesistic goodwill... they are more concerned with whom to be pleasant and kind to than they are with just being nice.

And 'dignity', being a question of respect, is entirely personal. Personally decided, personally expected, personally enforced. I suffer not even being respected with my name by the majority of the people that refer to me... and I offer most scarcely more (and most of the rest less) respect from me.
(June 10, 2011 at 10:40 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I suffer not even being respected with my name by the majority of the people that refer to me...

What exactly do you mean
(June 10, 2011 at 11:24 pm)eric209 Wrote:
(June 10, 2011 at 10:40 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: I suffer not even being respected with my name by the majority of the people that refer to me...

What exactly do you mean

I mean that most of the people here don't respect me enough to call me Aerzia, Sae, Zia, or any such variant of my name. Nor do most strangers to whom I do not introduce myself as such.
(June 10, 2011 at 11:39 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:

What exactly do you mean

I mean that most of the people here don't respect me enough to call me Aerzia, Sae, Zia, or any such variant of my name. Nor do most strangers to whom I do not introduce myself as such.

Give me a break..might as well have a name of "ghuyk jingrt wehgklt"

Sae is what I will call you
(June 11, 2011 at 12:13 am)reverendjeremiah Wrote: Give me a break..might as well have a name of "ghuyk jingrt wehgklt"

Better than what they call me.

Quote:Sae is what I will call you

Better than that other name Heart And that's why I love you Heart
(June 10, 2011 at 11:39 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:

What exactly do you mean

I would present a serious response that makes valid points also I do not mean it to be disrespectful.

I would posit that its a chosen handle and not a given name and as such respect of it is not due. Your specific handle on this forum comes off as frivolous and fictitious. For a nickname to have any serious worth or value it must be given and validated by others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The illusion of justice, sin and free will dyresand 17 4297 October 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Where's the Justice? FallentoReason 129 61518 July 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Where's the justice? FallentoReason 77 35302 May 24, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 47 23962 February 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye? Greatest I am 14 7879 January 15, 2012 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The justice and mercy of God Freedom 49 28969 December 24, 2011 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait? Greatest I am 16 8062 December 21, 2011 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hell - Where is the idea of justice? Voltair 201 71998 November 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: IATIA