Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?

There are many references in scripture that indicate that an eye for an eye is good justice. This notion that a penalty should fit the crime has even been adopted by most legal system in the world.

Leviticus 24:20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

This rather good policy is often contradicted in other scriptures that call for death to sinners who have done much less in terms of harm or sin than causing a death. We are told to stone unruly children, fornicators, witches and so on to a rather long list.

God himself has either killed or had killed many, even children and babies who in no way could have killed anyone.

Scripture tells us to revere life yet God and many of the laws attributed to him seem to ignore completely any reverence to life. In fact, to me, scriptures seem to make life an extremely cheap commodity even as it shows how important we are supposed to be to God. His greatest achievement in fact that even angels are to bow before.

Should an eye for an eye be re-written by God and the bible to read ------ an eye for whatever the hell God, Jesus and the scriptures say?

This immoral killing goes right back to Eden with God killing Adam and Eve for following scripture and emulating God.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

When they did as asked, and this was recognized by God himself; Gen 3: 22 Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: He killed them by withholding the tree of life.

This issue of indiscriminate killing is an important contradiction in scriptures.

What do you think God’s law is?

An eye for an eye or the punishment should fit the sin; or, kill even if the victim to be has not come anywhere near killing?

Regards
DL

http://www.youtube.com/user/TurpisHaeret...ny-CDU4EFs

http://www.evilbible.com/god%27s%20not%20pro-life.htm
RE: Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?
God's justice; like god, his death toll, and his law, are all non-existent. Just a bunch of human assholes justifying their own bullshit by making claims to sanctions from the divine.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Not even eye for an eye, more of an L.A gangbanger, 'do as I say our I'll fuck yo shit up honkey mofo'
If omniscient god's justice was an eye for an eye, one wonders why he wouldn't have stream lined the process and simply created 2 less eyes to start with.
Rube Goldberg fan, most likely.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:This notion that a penalty should fit the crime has even been adopted by most legal system in the world.

Really?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/s...for_a.html

Quote:A San Marcos man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated robbery and unlawful possession of a firearm.

In March, Joe Valdez Reyes, 38, entered a convenience store on Aquarena Springs Drive in San Marcos with a shirt wrapped around his hand — what appeared to the store clerk as a handgun. He demanded money from the clerk, and Reyes fled with about $150.

Contrast that to the billions stolen by greedy corporate fucks ( yes, Adrian and Void...your heroes ) from pension funds for which they were rewarded.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/books/revi...50795990/1

Quote:Sometimes the real crime consists of activities considered "legal," despite the damage they cause. That adage has never been more apt than when applied to the termination of pension funds by U.S. employers large, midsize and small. Over and over, loyal, deserving employees with modest incomes have watched their planned retirement savings disappear because of corporate managers and pension industry consultants.

So I dispute your premise. Maybe somewhere there is justice but not in the plutokleptocracy which the US has become.
Does it matter to you? Is it, a rhetorical question?

(January 13, 2012 at 7:10 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: This immoral killing ...

The one-two sidestep away from uncomfortable truth. Killing is evolutionary imperative, killing is moral imperative; the seer who pronounces such over another from a moral perspective states that no future potential outweighs the present debt of infamy contained in the present identity.

WTF else is there, for judgement? Know what I am? Electricity and chemicals; in a biological transport unit. As if the biologicals were just host for the vector of my transmission...

Sounds religious, no?
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
(January 13, 2012 at 10:21 pm)houseofcantor Wrote: Does it matter to you? Is it, a rhetorical question?

(January 13, 2012 at 7:10 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: This immoral killing ...

The one-two sidestep away from uncomfortable truth. Killing is evolutionary imperative, killing is moral imperative; the seer who pronounces such over another from a moral perspective states that no future potential outweighs the present debt of infamy contained in the present identity.

WTF else is there, for judgement? Know what I am? Electricity and chemicals; in a biological transport unit. As if the biologicals were just host for the vector of my transmission...

Sounds religious, no?

Mon ami. Tu me fait mal.

I am not qualified to answer. English is not my first language but I will have nightmares tonight.
Or should I celebrate? I don't know.

If a theist told me this, I would tell him that his B S has baffled my brain and I would run away.

Regards
DL

(January 13, 2012 at 8:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:This notion that a penalty should fit the crime has even been adopted by most legal system in the world.

Really?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/s...for_a.html

Quote:A San Marcos man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated robbery and unlawful possession of a firearm.

In March, Joe Valdez Reyes, 38, entered a convenience store on Aquarena Springs Drive in San Marcos with a shirt wrapped around his hand — what appeared to the store clerk as a handgun. He demanded money from the clerk, and Reyes fled with about $150.

Contrast that to the billions stolen by greedy corporate fucks ( yes, Adrian and Void...your heroes ) from pension funds for which they were rewarded.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/books/revi...50795990/1

Quote:Sometimes the real crime consists of activities considered "legal," despite the damage they cause. That adage has never been more apt than when applied to the termination of pension funds by U.S. employers large, midsize and small. Over and over, loyal, deserving employees with modest incomes have watched their planned retirement savings disappear because of corporate managers and pension industry consultants.

So I dispute your premise. Maybe somewhere there is justice but not in the plutokleptocracy which the US has become.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

You point to a much larger problem than what I can address here.

Religion has trained people to be sheeopl and Governments have done the same to the rest.

Regards
DL
(January 13, 2012 at 11:11 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Mon ami. Tu me fait mal.

I am not qualified to answer. English is not my first language but I will have nightmares tonight.
Or should I celebrate? I don't know.

If a theist told me this, I would tell him that his B S has baffled my brain and I would run away.

Regards
DL

I made you bad? I am Lucifer; kinda happens, the evil and shit...

Reality made me moral. People would gather like clouds, discuss, like random? And pattern started to emerge? That when 'random' referenced 'moral integrity,' silence spoke my name.

So I'm evil. Who do I gotta impress, Gwyneth? Best she never has to 'random' into this identity. Then it is truth I serve; the truth of my context in whatever manner of communication offered.

The action? God's justice. The reaction? My simulation of the personification of justice in the context of Biblical morality.

C'est la vie, mon ami. Quel qui vivant dans moi, vive faire moi... (peut etre Tongue)
[Image: twQdxWW.jpg]
(January 13, 2012 at 7:10 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?
Its retribution, not correction or rehabilitation for wrong acts committed. God's, or rather man's idea of justice, is just another form of violence. To quote Mahatma Gandhi:
Quote:"An-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye ... ends in making everybody blind."

(January 13, 2012 at 7:46 pm)Chuck Wrote: If omniscient god's justice was an eye for an eye, one wonders why he wouldn't have stream lined the process and simply created 2 less eyes to start with.
Presents an amusing dilemma for theists doomed to ponder indefinitely why a god who would demand us to get on our knees in worship would bother giving us feet.

The problem is resolved when xtians admit God is as immoral as the tribal desert goat herders who created him. After all, a being who infinitely punishes for finite crimes is infinitely unjust.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Trying close to my best to rationalize Christianity sausagerock 65 6007 January 29, 2020 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  The illusion of justice, sin and free will dyresand 17 4271 October 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The Human Eye: A Double Standard? Rhondazvous 84 9565 May 2, 2015 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Shouldn't there be more Christians with eye patches? BrokenQuill92 33 7840 February 2, 2014 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Tonus
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12244 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  My close encounter with a Facebook xtian Cyberman 11 4657 March 8, 2013 at 8:50 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Where's the Justice? FallentoReason 129 60912 July 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Where's the justice? FallentoReason 77 35054 May 24, 2012 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Tired of xtians prattling on about their "eye-witness" testimony? Minimalist 22 10100 April 27, 2012 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 47 23857 February 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am