Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait?

God is to be our standard of justice and we are to emulate his ways.

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence. IOW. A reward.

No judge in their right mind would do so in our justice system.

Is God less responsible than our judges?

Is God denying justice by not imposing his sentence?

Why is God not imposing his sentence and instead, is rewarding Satan?

Regards
DL
RE: Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait?
God, Satan, Hell...all just fairy tales.

If the God of the Bible actually existed in real life we would ALL be screwed..not just the non-christians. Yahweh is a man of war, and the way he handles satan is unforgivable. Yahweh also claims to love the children, yet he doesnt do a damn thing to protect innocent children from being raped and murdered.

(December 10, 2011 at 6:00 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: God, Satan, Hell...all just fairy tales.

If the God of the Bible actually existed in real life we would ALL be screwed..not just the non-christians. Yahweh is a man of war, and the way he handles satan is unforgivable. Yahweh also claims to love the children, yet he doesnt do a damn thing to protect innocent children from being raped and murdered.

No argument friend.

Regards
DL
so true
(December 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait?

God is to be our standard of justice and we are to emulate his ways.

He has condemned Satan to hell yet gave him dominion on earth instead of imposing his sentence. IOW. A reward.

No judge in their right mind would do so in our justice system.

Is God less responsible than our judges?

Is God denying justice by not imposing his sentence?

Why is God not imposing his sentence and instead, is rewarding Satan?

Regards
DL

In response to this comment, and only this comment, our perception of justice is man-made, and therefore your statement could be easily refuted by saying that God's justice is divine and cannot be compared to man's justice which is (obviously) not divine. I would imagine a rational theist would oppose your comment in this way. Just something to chew on and think about.
Brevity is the soul of wit.
(December 18, 2011 at 2:55 am)Perhaps Wrote:
(December 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm)Greatest I am Wrote:

In response to this comment, and only this comment, our perception of justice is man-made, and therefore your statement could be easily refuted by saying that God's justice is divine and cannot be compared to man's justice which is (obviously) not divine. I would imagine a rational theist would oppose your comment in this way. Just something to chew on and think about.

As a christian I tend to agree with your statement up to the point that our justice is not divine. As a christian I see that our justice comes from the divine but our perception is not from the immortal but the mortal, God has forever to prove what he knows, we do not and so demand justice to be immediate. Satan's sentence is going nowhere and will be carried out in due time (when God's will has been served).
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 18, 2011 at 3:51 am)Godschild Wrote:

As a christian I tend to agree with your statement up to the point that our justice is not divine. As a christian I see that our justice comes from the divine but our perception is not from the immortal but the mortal, God has forever to prove what he knows, we do not and so demand justice to be immediate. Satan's sentence is going nowhere and will be carried out in due time (when God's will has been served).

Im glad that perhaps and G-C arent working in the justice system right now

How about that G-C, you just argued that many of us atheists will NOT be thrown into hell (God has forever to prove what he knows, we do not and so demand justice to be immediate).

Unless, of course, you are demanding that you god grant justice immediately.

Are you a hypocrite, do you really mean what you say, or are you just talking shit to change the subject from the elephant in the room that babies do get raped and murdered and your Jesus doesnt do shit about it, yet calls himself a savior.

Apparently his salvation will take forever as well. Our salvation comes from the divine but our perception is not from the immortal but the mortal, God has forever to prove what he knows, we do not and so demand salvation to be immediate.

You said it yourself G-C, you have no idea what your god is about as far as justice is concerned..so everything you say about him is just your mortal ignorance.

Now please shut the fuck up aabout Jebus and xianity...mmkay?!
(December 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:

How about that G-C, you just argued that many of us atheists will NOT be thrown into hell (God has forever to prove what he knows, we do not and so demand justice to be immediate).

Are you a hypocrite, do you really mean what you say, or are you just talking shit to change the subject from the elephant in the room that babies do get raped and murdered and your Jesus doesnt do shit about it, yet calls himself a savior.

Apparently his salvation will take forever as well. Our salvation comes from the divine but our perception is not from the immortal but the mortal, God has forever to prove what he knows, we do not and so demand salvation to be immediate.

You said it yourself G-C, you have no idea what your god is about as far as justice is concerned..so everything you say about him is just your mortal ignorance.

I know my Savior, I know what his justice is like, it is sad that you are so ignorant of scripture, maybe if you tried to learn I could take you seriously, I'm in no way trying to say you need to believe in God. Your hatred toward me is ridiculous or is it that you have a love to try and demean others that differ from you. By the way stop telling me what I know about God, I'm not your child and you will never know how happy that makes me.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(December 18, 2011 at 9:45 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(December 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote:

I know my Savior, I know what his justice is like, it is sad that you are so ignorant of scripture, maybe if you tried to learn I could take you seriously, I'm in no way trying to say you need to believe in God. Your hatred toward me is ridiculous or is it that you have a love to try and demean others that differ from you. By the way stop telling me what I know about God, I'm not your child and you will never know how happy that makes me.

No, there is a definite hatred from me towards you. I have ZERO respect for you. One minute you say we cant understand gods justice, then the next you say you understand it perfectly.

How can I respect an adult who is such an obvious hypocrite that he cant even keep from contradicting himself 2 posts away?!

...did I mention I have ZERO respect for your dumb ass?!
Jeremiah, my comment wasn't reflecting my own opinion on the subject, just a possible refutation. Please don't lump me in the same category as those who hold the stance which I stated. "Im glad that perhaps and G-C arent working in the justice system right now".
Brevity is the soul of wit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1593 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7962 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 871 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5266 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1386 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Who the Hell does God think he is?? Drich 13 1697 March 6, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1792 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9166 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29849 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15090 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger