Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 8:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book club. Digital Edition
Book club. Digital Edition
Hoping to find a few other kindle fans here. Please keep it to books available for digital purchase.

Currently Reading:

[Image: 2vd4pir.jpg]

Godless:
I listen to the Freedom from religion foundation quite alot and i figured i would learn more about the voice behind the podcast.

A Clash of kings:
I read a game of thrones a while ago and never got around to the second book. After getting into the HBO series ive since started reading this.

A home at the end of the world:
I like this book a lot it. I dig fiction stories that span long periods of time. Multiple generations is a plus.

The Moral Landscape:
I try to read at least one philosophy/atheism/science book at a time. The best i read recently was probably Stephen Hawkins latest book: The Grand design.
RE: Book club. Digital Edition
I absolutely adore my kindle! I'm the kind of person who reads one book a week and have always one in my bag. It's definetely more convenient to have the kindle than a 500 page book with me. Big Grin
I got it in January and since then I've read the Earth's Children series (from Clan of the Cave Bear to Land of the Painted Caves), started on Bill Bryson's A short History of Nearly Everything, Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre. Next on my wish list is The God Delusion, Ender's Game and Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials. Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

enders game is a great book. Good series. Richard Dawkins is excellent as.well.
I'll be getting an e-reader here really soon, but I already have regular version of 'Godless' and quite enjoyed it. As soon as I get one though, the first book I get will be 'The Believing Brain' by Michael Shermer because the hardcover version is $28!
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top Book Recommendations FrustratedFool 17 1076 August 15, 2023 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Andy Weir's new book due out May 4th. Gawdzilla Sama 2 265 December 24, 2020 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Book banning Spongebob 39 3208 December 21, 2020 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The first rule for "Hare club" is...... Brian37 10 731 January 26, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Sci-fi/fantasy author criticizes book store for stocking dead guys Foxaèr 9 1121 April 20, 2019 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 2044 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Gay bunny book outsells Pence family's bunny book Foxaèr 1 389 March 20, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' book series Foxaèr 17 2034 February 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 15 3688 June 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So, I published my first children's book–Tori the Time Traveler Shell B 38 6110 May 28, 2017 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Shell B