Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't tear up your tickets! The End is near! Again!
Don't tear up your tickets! The End is near! Again!

Now that all the Christians have already forgotten the Family Radio debacle (though Family Radio is still doing fine), another "End of the World" prophecy. This Website http://www.the-end.com/ has two free PDF E-books about the coming end of the world which was "already hearlded in 2008" by the breaking of the last seal prophecied in the Apocalypse (Revelation) &c &c &c that they of course know about, and due to occur in May 2012. (Too bad Mayan prophecy, the world will end first.)

You know, if you prophecy every single day the world will end, sooner or later you will be right, then you will be remembered (if there is anyone left) as a "great prophet/ess." No one remembers the misses, and the other prophecies just "haven't happened yet."

I don't know if the books are really free; the Website claims they are. I am just too busy reading Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Slayer right now to be worried about the end of the world.

James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: Don't tear up your tickets! The End is near! Again!
Sigh.
Not again...
Quote:"I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them."
— Philip Pullman
Oh but Harold Camping said that the actual end of the world will happen on October 21, 2011. May 21 was just supposed to be the rapture & big earthquakes, but he amended his prophecy after nothing happened.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
As do all the liars.
The Mayans did not suggest the world would end. I wish people would stop thinking that shit. They observed that the calendar would end. Good grief, if I were one of the poor suckers who buy into this shit, I'd dread December, every year.
Trying to update my sig ...
YES I CAN'T WAIT!
(June 21, 2011 at 2:02 am)Anymouse Wrote: You know, if you prophecy every single day the world will end, sooner or later you will be right, then you will be remembered (if there is anyone left) as a "great prophet/ess." No one remembers the misses, and the other prophecies just "haven't happened yet."

A sentiment I once shared recently in another thread.

....and if the world does "end" on that day - everyone will be too busy trying to save their ass - not giving two shits about who made the first "prediction" of humanity's demise.

Utter foolishness = time spent worrying about the end of days rather than just making the most of what you have and enjoying your life for what it is.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I asked dozens of Christian the last time, to sell me their land cheap, no takers.
I will just keep asking until 2012 xmass...Where is the true faith?Worship (large)
You should "know" better.
Trying to update my sig ...
Harold Camping is in his 80's so for him, a non-certified pastor, as he lays his head on the pillow to sleep, the next day stands to be the last day.
In the meantime, the rapture is not Biblical. However, one way to mess with the minds of the faithful is to suggest the rapture did occur. And every Christian still here, wasn't found worthy of the ascent.
Welcome to the tribulation! Cool Shades

I wonder if John Nelson Darby ever imagined his pretrib Rapture invention would be so popular?
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 2068 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 547 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Lightbulb the end is nigh 2!!! Drich 113 8852 October 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4837 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1369 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6077 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  The Dangers of End time Prophecy Rhondazvous 83 15777 January 23, 2017 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  End of Times and career mcolafson 67 13885 October 8, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Wink The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse says...the end is nigh! Aegon 12 5299 January 18, 2016 at 7:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7239 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus