Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master class in how to shoehorn christianity into any topic.
Master class in how to shoehorn christianity into any topic.
http://corbaley1.blogspot.com/2010/07/pl...pants.html

Quote:PLAYSTATION 4 & Hammer Pants: The Culture of The Next Best Thing

I've been thinking about technology and Hammer Pants lately. The field of technology is unparallelled in growth and succession, while fashion is changing so much that I am starting to feel really old, and I'm only 29.

What was awesome yesterday is now obsolete, and what we wore yesterday is no longer cool, so we are continually redefining ourselves in order to stay in tune with our cultural "norm".

Think about the iPhone for example. I have friends who have successively purchased each type of iPhone as it comes out. It seems as though only a couple years have passed since the original iPhone, and yet here we are with millions of shoppers rushing and lining up to purchase the "newer version" of their current phone.

Hammer Pants were once the craze of the nation. I remember my mother used to wear them and I thought she was so cool. I rocked my British Knights almost as well as I wore my parachute threads.

So I have to admit that the PS4 will probably happen, while Hammer Pants will most likely stay in seclusion, but it's more of an allusion to another big topic, one that is even more exciting and relevant:

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

What better news do we have than to know that no matter what direction our culture points, no matter how many times we reinvent our way of life, that Jesus will still be the same, and is eternally unchanging. Christ's transcendence of our cultural fluctuation is a source of encouragement and joy for me.

What kind of feelings do you have in relation to the unchanging Christ?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Master class in how to shoehorn christianity into any topic.
Im bringing hammer pants back.

He's doing it the hard way.

You care about money and fancy things? Jesus didn't!
Then talk about birds not caring or camels and needles

2 sentences and a bible quote vs his preachy paragraph. He's wasting precious internet space! Complete amateur.

Sadly, Hammer has gone full gawd and the pants don't fit the same.
Trying to update my sig ...
Quote:What kind of feelings do you have in relation to the unchanging Christ?

..the humorous fact that Christianity has splintered off into over 1.5 million different sects...

So if he is so unchanging then why are so many fucking humans confussed at his message?
Well, of course the believers are schismatic, but we can't blame that on the omnipotent one(s), now can we?
(June 25, 2011 at 11:00 am)Epimethean Wrote: Well, of course the believers are schismatic, but we can't blame that on the omnipotent one(s), now can we?

Oh no..absolutely not.. in fact it wasnt Zeus' fault that humans now consider him make believe.

...its humanity's fault.

Wink

Hit him with a fucking hammer.
(June 25, 2011 at 4:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Hit him with a fucking hammer.

Wasnt he a god then a man then a god again. So much for unchanging.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

No, no, no, you have it all wrong. I am sure Ryft and GC will be along presently to explain that, even when he was a man he was a god, and even when he was a man not knowing what his god-daddy had in store, he was his god-sonness, too, knowing it full well. So no, he never changed-because no-one could ever know what the fucker was in the first place.
(June 26, 2011 at 11:39 am)Epimethean Wrote: No, no, no, you have it all wrong. I am sure Ryft and GC will be along presently to explain that, even when he was a man he was a god, and even when he was a man not knowing what his god-daddy had in store, he was his god-sonness, too, knowing it full well. So no, he never changed-because no-one could ever know what the fucker was in the first place.

I file this under: Reason #4,589 why I am no longer a Christian.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1281 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  No more “lead us not into temptation” Fake Messiah 22 2412 June 15, 2019 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1545 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2232 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 2009 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What's gotten into Italians? brewer 21 2990 March 5, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  You Put Absolutely NO Thought Into This Astonished 45 9821 August 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Oh no, not another new topic! About a former atheist state mcolafson 7 2205 October 6, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  William Lane Craig's last math class was in high school?! Jehanne 24 4409 February 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6750 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus