Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michelle Bachmann speaks again...
Michelle Bachmann speaks again...
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/bachm...38713.html

#1 - Bachmann admitted she made a mistake saying John Wayne was born in her hometown of Waterloo, Ioha.

#2 - Bachmann REFUSED to admit she screwed up when she claimed that the nation's Founding Fathers "worked tirelessly to end slavery".

#3 - Bachmann claim John Quincy Adams was a founding father and also fought tirelessly to end slavery.

#4 - Bachmann said "But one thing people know about me is that I'm a substantive, serious person and I have a strong background."

After Bachmann's interview, ThinkProgress notes that John Quincy Adams' Wikipedia page was edited to describe him as a "Founding Father."

Yup..the right wingers are re-writting history every day just to ensure their bimbo leaders are viewed as correct and righteous. John Quincy Adams was NINE YEARS OLD when the Declaration of Independence was signed...and now the right wingers have forced the title of "Founding Father" upon him just for Bachmanns sake.
RE: Michelle Bachmann speaks again...
Makes me wonder about the US population. To think droolers like her and Palin can even get a job at Walmart is worrying. But she's going for the top job. Republicans must definitely be droolers themselves.

The worst we have is posh politicians. At least they are fucking smart ex Oxford and eton boys.

You get retards.
(June 28, 2011 at 4:58 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: The worst we have is posh politicians. At least they are fucking smart ex Oxford and eton boys.

Yeah everyone moans that the tories and the like are upper-class, but I'd rather have a prime minister with an education than a president with no clue whatsoever.
One of the most important responsibilities that an American politician has is to be a good source of comedic material. In that respect, Palin and Bachmann are doing a great job! Republicans always seem to be very good at living up to that all important responsibility.
I've been crawling over the John Quincy Adam's page, and yes, there were edit wars going on, where verifiable lies were being inserted in, no doubt by the Bachmann brigade.

She is a veritable loony, and everyone who votes for her should have their heads examined and be forced to read "The 14 Characteristics of Fascism" by Lawrence Britt.

It is always annoying how many loony conservatives will accuse their opposition of being "Nazis" while engaging in historical revisionism, bald racism and general, beloved ignorance.
The biggest problem with these conservatives is not that they're frequently wrong about facts, which is of course in itself insulting to the American people, but the fact that they can never own up to it, even when presented with irrefutable evidence. Look at what Sarah Palin said even when confronted by Fox that she got her Paul Revere facts wrong. I would say that's audacious, but the moronic conservative followers let them get away with it, so why own up to your own faults if you don't have to?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: #1 - Bachmann admitted she made a mistake saying John Wayne was born in her hometown of Waterloo, Ioha.
You forgot the best part: There actually was a John Wayne who lived in that town. His full name was JOHN WAYNE GACY JR. I hear he made a good name for himself as a birthday party clown. I hear he really slayed those boys he entertained.

Quote:#3 - Bachmann claim John Quincy Adams was a founding father and also fought tirelessly to end slavery.

Well, he was, as mentioned before, about nine when the Declaration of Independence was signed, and not old enough to be involved with the constitutional convention. That said, in his later years, he was involved in the abolition movement, and even defended the slaves from the Amistad.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Ah America a nation where people like Michelle Bachmann are taken seriously as political figures.
undefined
(June 28, 2011 at 4:58 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Makes me wonder about the US population. To think droolers like her and Palin can even get a job at Walmart is worrying. But she's going for the top job. Republicans must definitely be droolers themselves.

The worst we have is posh politicians. At least they are fucking smart ex Oxford and eton boys.

You get retards.

Republicans have nearly always put forward weak candidates (Teddy Roosevelt notwithstanding), because they are more easily controlled/maniuplated.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
All I have to say to say to MB: Remove head from sphincter, then speak.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Who is the better first lady? Michelle Obama or Melania Trump ErGingerbreadMandude 62 8453 January 24, 2017 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Trump Speaks Like Regular Folk Neo-Scholastic 80 4373 August 3, 2016 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Michelle Bachmann might to prison Justtristo 14 2762 May 19, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Michelle Obama says to drink water - conservatives get outraged Doubting Thomas 20 4385 September 30, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Priest Speaks Out and Gets Kicked Out Erinome 24 9152 December 20, 2011 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Bachmann Can't Pony Up thesummerqueen 115 20563 September 28, 2011 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Bachmann: Natural disasters = Apocalypse Faith No More 27 7231 August 30, 2011 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Why Bat Shit Crazy Bachmann's upbringing should scare you Judas BentHer 3 2402 August 17, 2011 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Bachmann Supporters Bitching Minimalist 21 5847 August 10, 2011 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Epimethean