Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 10:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachmann Can't Pony Up
Bachmann Can't Pony Up
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/09/...ge-expires

[Image: science_shirt_front_thumb.png]

How about this Bachmann - do what a sensible politician would and get script writers and fact checkers, and quit using a compilation of bronze-age myths swiped from prehistoric superstitions as your reference material.

Oh...and by the way? Skeptic societies across America would have been happy to keep you from sounding like an idiot. You just had to get on the internet.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Bachmann Can't Pony Up
At this point at least, she knows that she made a completely ridiculous and unsubstantiated claim against a vaccine she knew nothing about. Seeing how she's been challenged by several scientists who even offered money to debate her, she knows she is out of her league and won't do it. And I can assume as a Republican she will not publicly admit she was wrong and apologize for the mess she made.

Stupid really is the new Republican.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It's funny how many people will take the word of a politician over a scientist. It's like the more qualifications you have to speak on a topic, the less people listen.
Quote:Skeptic societies across America would have been happy to keep you from sounding like an idiot.

Summer, my dear, you're forgetting that she is running for the nomination of a political party which contains the biggest collection of fucking fools since the Know-Nothings in the 1840's.

She doesn't need the votes of skeptics....they aren't republicans. She needs the votes of idiots...they are.
She's been a joke since go, but at least she is making the punchline better every few weeks.
Trying to update my sig ...
I don't think we should be too gleeful just because some out and out yahoo from the republican party seem be discrediting the party with idiot extremism. The American political process will weed her out and put in some other yahoo who is more cunning about how to debase this country in the eyes of everyone who values thought, measure and facts.
I begrudgingly agree with her about forced gardisil injections, though. While I believe she pulled the retard thing out of her ass, something that is not contagious through "normal" contact should not warrant mandatory vaccinations. Something potentially epidemic, yes. I don't want people to get cervical cancer, but I also don't think douchebag politicians should be able to tell parents to inoculate their kids against something they probably won't catch from the other kids while at school.
Quote:The American political process will weed her out

I disagree, Chuck. The American political process created her.
(September 25, 2011 at 9:16 pm)Shell B Wrote: I begrudgingly agree with her about forced gardisil injections, though. While I believe she pulled the retard thing out of her ass, something that is not contagious through "normal" contact should not warrant mandatory vaccinations. Something potentially epidemic, yes. I don't want people to get cervical cancer, but I also don't think douchebag politicians should be able to tell parents to inoculate their kids against something they probably won't catch from the other kids while at school.

Should we remove Florine from tap water? Tooth decay is not contagious either.

I personally don't think most parents are qualified to determine what vaccination to give. Parenthood does not cause competence to materialize, and in most cases competence never does. It's silly to follow the pussy footing political line, concocted in attempt to suck up to the below average, in pretending at the expense of their children that the incorrigibly incompetent chaff somehow remain the most unassailably competent authority that trumps systematically accumulated modern medical knowledge. In an idea world, not only should a government tell what vaccine parents must give, but must also be empowered to put children into foster care in more serious cases.

(September 25, 2011 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The American political process will weed her out

I disagree, Chuck. The American political process created her.

The fact that political system created her doesn't bother me. She has no chance in a general election and any popular political system is bound to produce quite a large load of chaff. It's the fact that our political system will ultimately also sideline her in favor of someone just as disgraceful, but more finely attuned to the exact blend of idiosyncrasies of the boarder electorate, that bothers me.
(September 25, 2011 at 10:54 pm)Chuck Wrote: Should we remove Florine from tap water? Tooth decay is not contagious either.

I'm pretty sure fluorine is not comparable to an injection, as tooth decay, which is fucking inevitable without tooth care, is not comparable to HPV, which is preventable through use of condoms.

(September 25, 2011 at 10:54 pm)Chuck Wrote: I personally don't think most parents are qualified to determine what vaccination to give. Parenthood does not cause competence to materialize, and in most cases competence never does. It's silly to follow the pussy footing political line, concocted in attempt to suck up to the below average, in pretending at the expense of their children that the incorrigibly incompetent somehow remain the most unassailabcom authority.

So, instead of leaving parents with the choice, we just assume they're all retards, force them to vaccinate their children against a virus that is transmitted sexually and just fucking strong arm the world into doing what the smarter elite think is right?

I am well aware that the moment a child is born, competence doesn't suddenly become the intellectual position of the parent. My position is not one of sucking up to the below average, as you so histrionically put it. It is one of leaving what doesn't harm society up to the individual. And, yes, I will aver that refraining from giving children gardisil is not harmful to society in and of itself, whereas not vaccinating against meningitis is harmful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone tell me where in the 2nd amendment it says you can carry machine guns? NuclearEnergy 310 71881 May 16, 2017 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is it Republicans can dish it out, but can't take it when someone throws it back NuclearEnergy 10 4466 April 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: DarkerEnergy
  Michelle Bachmann might to prison Justtristo 14 2799 May 19, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Why can't communist become citizens, but Nazis can? cratehorus 9 7406 July 20, 2012 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Bachmann: Natural disasters = Apocalypse Faith No More 27 7257 August 30, 2011 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Why Bat Shit Crazy Bachmann's upbringing should scare you Judas BentHer 3 2429 August 17, 2011 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Bachmann Supporters Bitching Minimalist 21 5906 August 10, 2011 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Michelle Bachmann speaks again... reverendjeremiah 16 3568 July 23, 2011 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Bachmann Headaches! Minimalist 14 6165 July 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Jay Leno Solves Bachmann's Theme Song Problem Minimalist 1 996 July 7, 2011 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye