Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left brain - Right brain
Left brain - Right brain
Depending upon which side of your brain you favour, the lady will either spin clockwise (right) or anti-clockwise (left)

If you try hard enough you can actually make her change direction which is very spooky but also hyper-cool Big Grin

[Image: woman_spin.gif]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Left brain - Right brain
That's one of my favorite optical illusions. Big Grin
And yeah, the direction does change sometimes if I look away from the picture and look at it again after a few seconds.
However, I read that the idea that this tells something about your hemispheric dominance in your brain is actually a myth, spread by certain websites.

See this:
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index...ning-girl/

Quote:This news article, like many others, ignores the true source of this optical illusion and instead claims it is a quick test to see if you use more of your right brain or left brain. This is utter nonsense, but the “right-brain/left brain” thing is in the public consciousness and won’t be going away anytime soon. Sure, we have two hemispheres that operate fine independently and have different abilities, but they are massively interconnected and work together as a seamless whole (providing you have never had surgery to cut your corpus callosum).

We also do have hemispheric dominance, but that determines mostly your handedness and the probability of language being on the right or the left. There is also often asymmetry for memory, with some being right or left hemisphere dominant. But none of this means that your personality or abilities are more right brain or left brain. That much is nonsense.

Further, how your visual cortex constructs this optical illusion says nothing about your hemispheric dominance, and is absolutely not a quick personality profile.
Mine's going anti-clockwise, so what does that mean? (obviously the left side of my brain but what DOES that actually mean?)
Clockwise.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Clockwise

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

BTW if you look really close you can see her nipples Tongue
(July 3, 2011 at 8:29 am)Napoleon Wrote: BTW if you look really close you can see her nipples Tongue

Yes you can. Tongue
Mine goes counter-clockwise. I can't make it go clockwise! My brain power is weak! Sad
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Started out spinning clockwise, but after a few seconds of staring, she started going counter-clockwise.
Still spinning clockwise. Even after staring at it for a good 2 minutes. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
WTF! It's only going one way! That's counter-clockwise!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's the "Who would be left" contest! Angrboda 8 637 July 27, 2023 at 6:57 am
Last Post: emjay
  It's Time I Left The Architect Of Fate 30 2620 August 4, 2021 at 11:19 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Nineteen days left Foxaèr 50 3550 April 30, 2019 at 11:27 am
Last Post: madog
  Brain Frying, IT, Stalkers WinterHold 26 3400 January 24, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  With four weeks left Joods 18 2377 January 25, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  @ Everyone on AF: Would you miss me if I left? Edwardo Piet 32 5644 September 12, 2016 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? brewer 15 2885 February 25, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Imagine If You were the Only Person Left on Earth Rhondazvous 13 3574 November 22, 2015 at 3:50 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Weird brain shenanigans Longhorn 29 3586 August 30, 2015 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Sometimes my brain just can't see things the way other people do. Losty 71 7148 October 28, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: fr0d0