Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BJU -- Education in Hell
BJU -- Education in Hell
When I was barely 18 I went to this christian college in an effort to make peace with my father. I had no idea that attending Bob Jones University was tantamount to walking into the lions den and being eaten alive by fundies. By 19 I was kicked out for the oh-so-massive offense of listening to a Pearl Jam song and studying past 10:30pm. 17 years later, here I am. Freedom is a beautiful thing!

This video is a direct radio transmission to the mens dormitories. Amazing - I had kinda forgotten how crazy these people are.

This is their dress code: Women's dress code is worse.

Necklaces, earrings, bracelets and tattoos are not appropriate.
Abercrombie & Fitch and its subsidiary Hollister have shown an unusual degree of antagonism to biblical morality.
Therefore, BJU asks its students not to patronize these stores, wear their clothing or display articles containing their names or logos.

Class & Non-Class on Campus

Collared shirt: dress shirt or polo shirt
Dress pants or Dockers-style pants
Walking shoes, loafers, boots and leather deck-type shoes

These four students got kicked out for this "offensive" video. Yep. Fucking crazies down there in South Carolina.

God works in mysterious ways doesn't he. If disease runs rampant through a secular school like MIT, shutting it down, you can be damn sure that they would've said god was judging that school for any number of biblical violations and misdemeanors. Assbags!

There's got to be a pile of good stuff from Bob Jones University. If you got some. Let me know. I'm sure I'll find some more.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: BJU -- Educating in Hell
Education really sucks in these kind of overly strict religious schools. Too much segregation and politics. Not surprisingly, I think BJU has quite a lot in common with some Afghan schools.
Holy shit that first video is funny! Please, do brings us more from BJU when you find it. I thought places like that only existed in my nightmares where Flanders from the Simpons is Big Brother in '1984.'
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 10, 2011 at 8:24 am)FaithNoMore Wrote: Holy shit that ! first video is funny Please, do brings us more from BJU when you find it. I thought places like that only existed in my nightmares where Flanders from the Simpons is Big Brother in '1984.'

found the first video funny too.Big Grin
Gee, golly, and Gosh are out of keeping with Christian character? It seems like you'd have to be a devout Christian to bother to use to use words like those past the age of ten. But "Hawk?" "Woos?"
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
They kicked those kids out for dancing and having fun on a Jesus song? All 4 of them? Even the one who just walked in casually into the room?

As far as disease spreading in the school, I am not surprised one bit, as people who are rigidly religious tend to be the most ignorant when it comes to diseases, science, and medicine. They also tend to be less likely to wear protection when engaging in sex since they are taught that sex is bad, and therefore try to hide things out of shame. This is one of the reasons why red states have higher teen pregnancy rates even though they claim that "abstenance only" education is supposed to reduce such a thing.

Then again, when did the tyranical type ever care about facts? All that matters is that they get whatever they want and that everyone does as they are told
(July 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Gee, golly, and Gosh are out of keeping with Christian character? It seems like you'd have to be a devout Christian to bother to use to use words like those past the age of ten. But "Hawk?" "Woos?"

So I guess this would not be acceptable?

[Image: i-found-jesus450.jpg]
I wonder when Christian couples have sex, they leave out words like suck, balls, dick, and t*ts. Or word like ass ,unless it's a jaw bone of an ass.

If Christian are not having dirty sex, they are not doing it right Angel
(July 10, 2011 at 1:11 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Gee, golly, and Gosh are out of keeping with Christian character? It seems like you'd have to be a devout Christian to bother to use to use words like those past the age of ten. But "Hawk?" "Woos?"

So I guess this would not be acceptable?

[Image: i-found-jesus450.jpg]

you can't even use the word shoot, which is sh*t with two 0
That these places actually exist bowls me over. Like the way he stumbles over the word penis as well. I was hoping he'd have said something like "oh cock" after that. Sadly he's not that funny Tongue
[Image: bloodyheretic.png]

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
Einstein

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life.

- John Lennon
(July 10, 2011 at 12:57 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: They kicked those kids out for dancing and having fun on a Jesus song? All 4 of them? Even the one who just walked in casually into the room?
Apparently, one of the people involved in the video was not expelled, but only because one of his parents was a faculty member. No, I don't know which one it was, although there's an eighty percent chance that the one who just walked into the room (along with the two moshers, the cameraman, or the guy who peeked his head out of the bunk bed) was expelled. Of course, the question still remains: why?

Apparently the reason was that "Dancing to a Jesus song - even a "worldly rock and roll" Jesus song is like taking God's name in vain." Of course, considering that it seems like the original interpretation seems to have been more against perjury than anything else. I'm almost certain that Moses and Jesus themselves wouldn't recognise this as a violation of that commandment.

Of course, they probably only danced to that music because it was damn near the only music that they could dance to.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 6998 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6773 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Atheism and religious ceremonies/education Dystopia 17 3145 June 30, 2014 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Rowan williams warns of downgrading of religious education. downbeatplumb 18 7298 April 13, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Ethics Classes vs Christian Education Joe Bloe 9 2618 April 19, 2010 at 4:31 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko