Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:58 am

Poll: Is this article correct about Islam?
This poll is closed.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
50.00%
2 50.00%
I had a temper tantrum halfway through it
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ten Lies About Islam
Ten Lies About Islam
I just found this article. Any opinions on it?
(See Link Below)
http://www.studytoanswer.net/islam_myths.html
RE: Ten Lies About Islam
Impressive list of references. It'll take awhile to read the whole thing, thanks for linking it. Nope, nvm, made it through the first chapter and realized it was tantamount to "our text is the accurate word of god, theirs isn't"

boo.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I agree that it's audience is limited. I personally am finding it very informative. The author states his position and that he's trying to honestly address Islam in the preface.

One example:
How come Allah is unknowable yet Muslims know his will exactly from the Quran... his exact word? Surely if you know his will that exactly you know his nature from that?
I have seen that article long time ago. Tongue

If you really want to discuss this, then I would like you to quote or pick out a specific argument from that article, and post it here. Otherwise, you just gave a link and nothing else.
The same criticism can be applied to your idea of god Frodo (unknowable but so well known). In any case, while his preface is promising, he fails to deliver. It really is a "my book says this, your book says that, so you're wrong" kind of article. He gives minor lip service to questions that are raised about Islam from secular inquiry, but it collapses into religious belief shortly thereafter.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 11, 2011 at 6:41 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: One example:
How come Allah is unknowable yet Muslims know his will exactly from the Quran... his exact word? Surely if you know his will that exactly you know his nature from that?

Similar to Christianity, we are only familiar with the attributes of Allah which are mentioned in the Quran, and it is not necessary to know him FULLY to know Allah's will.

Seems like a decent article to me depending on what you're looking for.
And in heaven is your Sustenance, as (also) that which ye are promised - Surah Adh-Dhariyat
Actually, it was more boring than maddening.
Specifically Myth 2 part 5, Myth 7 parts 1 through 5, Myth 8 parts 2, 3, and 6, and Myth 9 parts 1 through 5.

Note: While PARTS of this subscribe to the my "religion is perfect, yours is bad standpoint" the author actually has several valid points. And I meant the third option in the poll to be for Azeula Suekroles or whatever her name is, considering she found my last thread offensive. Not to mention I already provided a link for said page and have specified which parts you should look at, which requires you to (GASP) actually click on the links on the top of the page of each myth to go to said parts. Dear imaginary sky fairy, is there anything else I can do?

And I have another link, which is less "boring".
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?t...Sharia_Law
(July 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm)Atheist Jew Wrote: Specifically Myth 2 part 5,

I suggest you quote a segment of it and include a link to it. Such provokes good discussion and establishes you as a responsible poster.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7844 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Ten facts you never knew about Muhammad's religion (lol) ReptilianPeon 11 4196 May 27, 2015 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Prince
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5466 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33820 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet