Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More to Piss Off Creationist Morons
More to Piss Off Creationist Morons
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...151453.htm

Quote:ScienceDaily (July 11, 2011) — Genetic instructions for developing limbs and digits were present in primitive fish millions of years before their descendants first crawled on to land, researchers have discovered.

Genetic switches control the timing and location of gene activity. When a particular switch taken from fish DNA is placed into mouse embryos, the segment can activate genes in the developing limb region of embryos, University of Chicago researchers report in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The successful swap suggests that the recipe for limb development is conserved in species separated by 400 million years of evolution.

"The genetic switches that drive the expression of genes in the digits of mice are not only present in fish, but the fish sequence can actually activate the expression in mice," said Igor Schneider, PhD, postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy at the University of Chicago and lead author on the paper. "This tells us how the antecedents of the limb go back in time at every level, from fossils to genes."

The genetic hunt was inspired by a famous fossil find -- the 2004 discovery of the transitional fossil Tiktaalik in the Canadian Arctic by a team led by Neil Shubin of the University of Chicago. A transitional species between fish and the four-legged tetrapods, Tiktaalik possessed fins containing a skeletal structure similar to the limbs of later land-dwelling animals.

How about that shit? There's one of those transitional species that they are always claiming don't exist!

Will wonders never cease.
RE: More to Piss Off Creationist Morons
I really think transition specie between humans and creationists don't exist. Creationists are really made of dirt and do not share a biological orgin with humans.
Insult to injury, all species are transitional species..yes..even you and I.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The sad truth with creationists is that no matter how much evidence you provide them to disprove their viewpoint, is that they are blind to evidence. You can show them proof, and then one of them that is intelligent will create an argument to avoid accepting actual evidence. Whales still to this day have bone structures that suggest that they once had back limbs at the very least, and they continually ignore this sort of evidence. It seems to me that this sort of "faith" (which I'd really call blind obedience) requires a special sort of individual. Reality doesn't apply to them because it does not line up with their beliefs.

Quote:It seems to me that this sort of "faith" (which I'd really call blind obedience) requires a special sort of individual.

Nah....just any run-of-the-mill shithead will do. We have a few beauts around here. Dumb as bags of cunt hair.
(July 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Insult to injury, all species are transitional species..yes..even you and I.

Fingers crossed, creationists are in transition to oblivion.

(July 13, 2011 at 2:20 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:It seems to me that this sort of "faith" (which I'd really call blind obedience) requires a special sort of individual.

Nah....just any run-of-the-mill shithead will do. We have a few beauts around here. Dumb as bags of cunt hair.

Never attribute to sheer stupidity what can be accounted by Christianity.

Don't be insulting! Cunt hairs at least serve a proper function! Big Grin

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 13, 2011 at 3:13 am)Kayenneh Wrote:

Don't be insulting! Cunt hairs at least serve a proper function! Big Grin

True,perhaps use 'as useful as a cunt full of cold water"? Angel (that's an Aussie insult)
(July 13, 2011 at 3:13 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Don't be insulting! Cunt hairs at least serve a proper function! Big Grin

What is that function-getting caught in the back of one's throat?

Trying to update my sig ...
All the way in the throat Ep? FFS I hope you take a snorkel with you if you're diving that deep.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1020 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
Video Rebuttal To Creationist Peanut Butter Argument QuackeryDetection 2 448 May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1599 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Let's Piss Off Some YECs Minimalist 3 599 August 4, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  This Will Piss Off The Religitards Minimalist 1 690 July 6, 2015 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4215 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10700 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  How to Piss-Off Creationists 101: OfficerVajardian 16 4276 August 16, 2014 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  Question about creationist argument TheDeafPianoTuner 17 3934 July 4, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
  A Response to Creationist on: Sahelanthropus Tchadensis Duke Guilmon 1 1403 May 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72