Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US gay couples denied a divorce
Video 
US gay couples denied a divorce
BBC News July 21, 2011
Couples in some parts of the US are becoming trapped in unhappy marriages by differing laws on same sex unions.
(Full Story)
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
RE: US gay couples denied a divorce
Didn't I warn them about this whole marriage thing? I think I did.

Big Grin

I'm not upset for them. Heart
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Quote:Couples in some parts of the US are becoming trapped in unhappy marriages

Hey, they wanted equality....don't bitch now that they have it!

Big Grin

As Bill Maher says, "All marriages are same sex marriages. After a while, it just the same sex......."
I saw this on TV while my dad was watching BBC America. I thought it was kind of funny. Tongue
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I wouldn't think it's that big of a deal. If the government issues gays lawful marriage licenses, so that they're equal with straights, then access to divorce is also a matter of equal right to vacate the former contract.

I think this will have less hurdles to overcome than did the fight to achieve the right to marry did.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
Wow, so they bitch when they want to be married and when they want not to be married?

Makes so much sense.
Some people are never fucking happy, Void.
That's pretty funny, actually.
"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  shoild same sex couples be allowed to adopt? vaginahouse 23 3098 December 10, 2014 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Losty
  UK - Same-sex marriage now legal as first couples wed Gooders1002 12 2384 March 30, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4