Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran nuclear program... a "new provocation"
Iran nuclear program... a "new provocation"
I honestly do not believe the hype. That Iran is openly creating a nuclear program (or at least, trying to), so that they may bomb us all to third world status. Anyhow, take from this what you will:

The Story

All that I know is that there is more to this ordeal than what is readily apparent -- there always is.
RE: Iran nuclear program... a "new provocation"
If Iran's objective is to reduce America to 3rd World Status, they need not do anything. We're taking care of that ourselves.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
The US and its allies can have any kind of weaponry. Nuclear or not. That does not threaten the world peace at all, it makes us 'feel safe'!On the other side though, Iran, i really doubt, is not exactly on a peaceful mission with their nuclear program. They've tested many missiles recently, successfully, most of them. Its quite evident that Iran is tryin to be a powerful nation. But it has every right to do anything on its soil. Why does America still plays the world police role?
(July 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm)kriskiran Wrote: The US and its allies can have any kind of weaponry. Nuclear or not. That does not threaten the world peace at all, it makes us 'feel safe'!On the other side though, Iran, i really doubt, is not exactly on a peaceful mission with their nuclear program. They've tested many missiles recently, successfully, most of them. Its quite evident that Iran is tryin to be a powerful nation. But it has every right to do anything on its soil. Why does America still plays the world police role?

Iran is an inefficient, crappy nation in my opinion. However, I agree that they have a right to build alternative energy. This could have something to do with oil (the US needs nations in the middle east sans-Israel to be crippled, so grabbing the dwindling oil is easier), or Israel decided to assassinate someone. The U.S. and Israel are narcissistic states who believe it is their right to take action against others, regardless of the consequences. The policing is only a symptom of the disorder. I am glad that people in the U.S. are waking up to the fact (rather slowly) that all of this policing and war kills our supply of resources. And it always has the potential to propagate the issue by creating enemies for the future.

(July 23, 2011 at 2:01 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: If Iran's objective is to reduce America to 3rd World Status, they need not do anything. We're taking care of that ourselves.

Yes, but I was referring to the fear tactics employed by politicians and talking heads. They claim that Iran wants to bomb us. If we do not spiral down to a realistic dystopia, then we will at least be broken indefinitely. The choices made in the past, coupled by an inherent lack of leadership, are really biting us hard.
(July 23, 2011 at 2:17 pm)Spectrum Wrote:
(July 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm)kriskiran Wrote: The US and its allies can have any kind of weaponry. Nuclear or not. That does not threaten the world peace at all, it makes us 'feel safe'!On the other side though, Iran, i really doubt, is not exactly on a peaceful mission with their nuclear program. They've tested many missiles recently, successfully, most of them. Its quite evident that Iran is tryin to be a powerful nation. But it has every right to do anything on its soil. Why does America still plays the world police role?

Iran is an inefficient, crappy nation in my opinion. However, I agree that they have a right to build alternative energy. This could have something to do with oil (the US needs nations in the middle east sans-Israel to be crippled, so grabbing the dwindling oil is easier), or Israel decided to assassinate someone. The U.S. and Israel are narcissistic states who believe it is their right to take action against others, regardless of the consequences. The policing is only a symptom of the disorder. I am glad that people in the U.S. are waking up to the fact (rather slowly) that all of this policing and war kills our supply of resources. And it always has the potential to propagate the issue by creating enemies for the future.

The crappy inefficient Iranian mullah-cracy contrived to build a secondary education system in Iran which convinced a higher percentage of Iranian youth of the factual basis of Darwinian evolution than the education system of the land of the Pentecostal hucksters and evangelical con man.

(July 23, 2011 at 2:24 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(July 23, 2011 at 2:17 pm)Spectrum Wrote:

The crappy inefficient Iranian mullah-cracy contrived to build a secondary education system in Iran which convinced a higher percentage of Iranian youth of the factual basis of Darwinian evolution than the education system of the land of the Pentecostal hucksters and evangelical con man.

So you would rather live there? Go for it.

EDIT: Can we get on-topic?
Hmmm.. They are not that bad after all.. Anyone who respect evolution get to make a nuclear weapon. Smile
Nuclear weapons are a waste anyhow. It is used for threatening purposes, and wars continue to ensue.

I honestly think that Iran is trying to find better ways of generating energy. This could have been an Israeli hit, since they want to have the biggest dick (nuclear weaponry) in the Middle East.
Its possible. Maybe they're only trying to get a new source of energy after all. That'll be good then. But i doubt even if thats the truth, The US will accept it. Remember Iraq. Weapons of mass destruction? They didn't even get a match box.
A waste? Are you kidding?

Nuclear missiles was how my race fended off our early war with the Gatling Laser equipped Klackon warships.

And really... I can't wait until Israel is back within hands that can defend it. Not because I give a shit about the country.... but because nothing ever comes of its being there.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 334 April 23, 2024 at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Exclamation Islamic Mafia Criminal Terrorists Gorups and insecurity in Iran AVMXF 22 2001 September 8, 2023 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: AVMXF
  [Serious] Does Trump deserve some credit if Iran... Jehanne 40 2509 October 2, 2022 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Nuclear War must become obsolete OP/ED Brian37 43 3211 March 23, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Trump May End DACA Program Seraphina 30 9077 September 8, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  America drops "largest non-nuclear bomb in history" on Afganistan Aroura 77 12068 April 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump put call with Putin on hold to ask his aides to explain our nuclear arms treaty Aegon 43 6855 February 14, 2017 at 10:34 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Putin Ally threatens Nuclear War if Trump loses, says woman can't lead USA Divinity 87 11694 October 18, 2016 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Questions about Iran and Islam A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 12 1587 March 5, 2016 at 8:58 am
Last Post: A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c
  Would any of you feel comfortable with Donald Trump in charge of the nuclear football GoHalos1993 31 5845 December 8, 2015 at 10:50 am
Last Post: abaris