Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice
Justice
[Image: s2xpwo.jpg]

[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
RE: Justice
Point taken, Miles.

Corporate criminals do have their fans around here, though.
Never been a fan of big businesses, nor the government.

Long story short I'm a conspiracist.
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
Not only that, but the homeless dude will due is time in federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison while the other guy will stay in something more akin to a country club than a prison.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
One wonders how much of the $3B the convicted CEO used to hire top dollar lawyers, and how much the homeless man had to pay for one, presuming he did not use a public defender?

James

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
Well, the homeless gentleman is no longer homeless nor hungry. And shant be for 15 years. While the suit, who probably still has a huge portion of that 3 billion, most likely could be let out of the country club before his sentence is up due to overcrowding.

Welcome to the Corporate States of America. Where you are free. As long as you can pay for it, one way or the other.
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
Is it just me, or has some poor innocent done gone and conflated 'the law" with 'justice'? They two concepts are mutually exclusive except through occasional happy accident. The purpose of the law is to maintain the status quo,period.

I'm aware of no county on earth which has a justice system. There are only legal systems with varying degrees of incompetence,indifference and corruption.

We ( say the US,Australia and the UK) have an adversarial system. The opposing sides allegedly have access to the same evidence, yet argue opposite conclusions. Court case are debates,with no interest in truth or justice, but only that which can be proved under often absurd rules of evidence. (look up 'probable cause' and 'poisonous fruit')

It is completely unsurprising to me that the wealthy are often acquitted or receive grossly reduced sentences. Most of the poor take plea bargains. If they did not,and opted for trials, our entire legal system would stop functioning.

Thought for the day
Quote:A Liberal is a conservative who has just been arrested. A conservative is a liberal who has just been mugged (anon)
15 years for robbing $100? Even after he surrendered himself feeling remorse? An old homeless guy? I can't believe the judges.

United States of Assholes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amy Coney Barnett officially confirmed as Supreme Court Justice Rev. Rye 33 1903 October 28, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1464 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Justice Kennedy retiring! polymath257 30 3303 June 29, 2018 at 7:47 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  A Little Electoral Justice Minimalist 10 1674 November 10, 2017 at 2:35 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Justice Azu 7 1495 June 23, 2017 at 10:26 am
Last Post: henryp
  Justice Democrats Chad32 5 737 January 29, 2017 at 9:42 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Were social justice warriors responsible for the election outcome? TaraJo 172 18135 December 24, 2016 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Justice - American style Minimalist 29 4030 January 9, 2015 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Dept. of Justice to announce full and equal recognition of same-sex marriages Ryantology 6 2337 February 9, 2014 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Justice Department to Sue North Carolina Minimalist 6 2301 October 1, 2013 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas