Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Read your bible every day
Read your bible every day
Thought you guys would appreciate this one...

[Image: 20090308.gif]

Courtesy SMBC Comics
RE: Read your bible every day
Haha, cute. that provided a good chuckle.

good to know theres still people with a sense of humor, even when the joke is technically poking fun at them.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Or does fr0d0 think its more poking fun of literalists? And you need to learn to read the bible 'properly' or something?

Or have I misunderstood the joke...

Or is it indeed as you said Aura.

EvF
It's poking fun at the christians who insist you need to read your bible everyday, suggesting that your not a christian if you don't Wink

Brings back some memories...
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
My Blog | Why I Don't Believe in God
Yes if you're anti-those Christians then it is poking fun of them.

But if you are one of those Christians or pro-one of those Christians then you think its supporting you and taking the piss out out atheists perhaps! Lol.

EvF
Ha, yeah, I know what you mean.

It can make christians or atheists look like dumb arses depending on how you look at it.
"I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability." Oscar Wilde
Well it can make atheists look like dumb arses...:from the point of view of some Christians. Tongue
It's all about their agenda, not their belief Big Grin
Sometimes they genuinely believe I think, sometimes I think they don't really but are in denial, and even on some occasions I think its out-and-out lying and dishonesty for whatever reason.

Like if they're a theologian or whatever 'religious job' and they don't wanna lose their job or whatever.

Talking about Christians in general I at least mean. I dunno.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 678 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1705 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 649 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The very best day of your life? Cod 37 3404 December 10, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Cod
  What are you reading/was the last thing you read? KevinM1 4 893 April 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Most Important Post You'll Read Today BrianSoddingBoru4 4 678 March 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you do if you could remember every single moment in your life? c172 11 2459 October 13, 2017 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dumbest Thing Some Has Every Said To You Amarok 54 9096 August 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If Only The Kids Could Read and Count. Minimalist 1 877 August 26, 2017 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Like to read? Book review thread! mediocrates 13 2197 May 16, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: mlmooney89