Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
William Lane Craig
William Lane Craig
What do you guys think about him? I just read an article which said most atheists are afraid to debate him. When i told my friend i was reading a book by bart ehrman he should check out, he said "i know that guy! William lane craig debated him, kicked his ass, dont listen to him he has no idea what he is talking about." i couldnt say anything because i havent really watched craig debate. I plan to correct that now. Anyway anyone got links to some of his debates i should watch or any general thoughts on him and his arguments?
If I die and god is real, im so screwed.
RE: William Lane Craig
William Lane Craig is the gentleman that argued Kalam was a persuasive argument for the existence of god. He also argues for ID. Sadface. He's a snake oil salesman, nothing more to say.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Maybe, im gonna watch some of his debates later and see what i think.
Can god be argued into existence? Can ID be argued into existence? No..lol. Believe he did share a panel with Christopher Hitchens, that's always a blast to watch. Christ, you got me brushing up on Mr. Craig again, this guy makes my skin crawl.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Wow i just watched some of his stuff. Preacher in disguise
Disguise? LULZ. Look, if any christian anywhere had anything to add to the debate on god, they would have by now. It's been a couple hundred years. They should let it go. Accept whatever beauty or wisdom they find in scripture without demanding that it be true in any way. Animals don't have to speak for Aesops Fables to carry a message.
Craig, like most of these assholes, spouts a lot of pious bullshit and declares himself a "winner."

His opponents are saddled with the task of dealing with reality while Craig sells only fantasy to gullible fools.

I'm sure we have a couple of buyers on this board.

Sam Harris debated William Lane Craig at Notre Dame University on 7 April 2011 on the topic Does Good come from God?
Are the foundations for moral values natural or supernatural? - This was the way the debate was introduced by the moderator.

Introduction overview of the speakers (taken from the website):

Sam Harris, one of the "Four Horsemen of Atheism," a neuroscientist, philosopher, and bestselling author, will seek to show that the separation between scientific facts and human values is an illusion. Harris will prove that science, not religion, should provide the basis for morality.

William Lane Craig is an American Evangelical Christian apologist, theologian, and analytic philosopher known for his work in the philosophy of religion, historical Jesus studies, and the philosophy of time. One of the foremost apologists in the field, Craig has faced some of the best and has been known to hold nothing back in his sharpshooting style of debate.

I have not taken the time before this to make myself familiar with Harris' views about atheism. I've heard atheists share both positive and negative remarks concerning his take. However, I don't think WLC could ever call himself superior to atheists who would pose a counter point to his Theistic views.
I think Christopher Hitchens would make a snack of the man.
And sure enough...

(Couldn't resist the "source" for this playlist Devil )
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
You know what it is about Mr. Craig that gets under my skin? He's fairly well educated....he knows why his arguments for god are invalid, he knows why ID is bullshit.....and yet. Smile
Selling salvation to the gullible is a lucrative business for con men.

All religions are based on the idea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ham vs. Craig Fake Messiah 22 1827 November 27, 2021 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  William Lane Craig badmouthed Donald Trump. Jehanne 25 3121 August 30, 2020 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  PSA: RationalWiki -- William Lane Craig Jehanne 10 1501 December 14, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  William Lane Craig's drunken phone call. Jehanne 3 1237 January 13, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Dr. Craig contradiction. Jehanne 121 25675 November 13, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Bill Craig now claiming to have a PhD in Philosophy. Jehanne 26 5624 March 18, 2017 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  William Craig caught in a lie. Jehanne 23 4922 January 7, 2017 at 1:32 pm
  William Lane Craig unmasked. Jehanne 25 4168 December 7, 2016 at 11:27 am
  William Lane Craig denies the number zero. Jehanne 63 7361 October 30, 2016 at 4:54 pm
  Dr. Craig is a liar. Jehanne 1036 99146 May 24, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: dom.donald