Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 12:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Everything Wrong With This Fucking Country Summed Up
Almost Everything Wrong With This Fucking Country Summed Up
right here.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2011081...VMT80.html

Quote:The six Republicans and six Democrats represent states where the biggest military contractors - Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics (GD) Corp., Raytheon Co. and Boeing Co. - build missiles, aircraft, jet fighters and tanks while employing tens of thousands of workers.

The potential for $500 billion more in defense cuts could force the Pentagon to cancel or scale back multibillion-dollar weapons programs. That could translate into significant layoffs in a fragile economy, generate millions less in tax revenues for local governments and upend lucrative company contracts with foreign nations.

The cuts could hammer Everett, Wash., where some of the 30,000 Boeing employees are working on giant airborne refueling tankers for the Air Force, or Amarillo, Texas, where 1,100 Bell Helicopter Textron workers assemble the fuselage, wings, engines and transmissions for the V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft.

The use of defense spending as a sacrosanct "jobs program" condemns us to a bloated military which, unfortunately, also means politicians who can't resist the temptation to fuck with people.

We are seriously getting to the point in which Voltaire spoke disparagingly of Prussia.

Quote:"Whereas some states own an army, the Prussian army owns a state" - Voltaire
RE: Almost Everything Wrong With This Fucking Country Summed Up
I worked very briefly for Raytheon, and did some contract manufacturing for Lockheed and Boeing. They have no problem cutting jobs, with our without concessions from government, I promise. We ran a prototype line with 6 people when we needed about 40. This balloooned project costs fantastically. These companies primary earners are weapons. Never forget that their success depends greatly upon strife, conflict, and death. Peacetime or wartime, makes no difference. Holding them up as a sort of beacon of industry is macabre.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nah, what's really wrong and fucked up is the hate filled ignorance that denigrates this country, while that umbrage doesn't have the courage of it's convictions to expatriate themselves and live where they can at least tolerate governance.

[Image: 20110312_WOC327.gif]

[Image: top10_exp_pie.jpg]
"In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with."
Brian Tracy
Saudi Arabia isn't going broke, Judas.

We are.
"We" are not going broke. Large Corporations are doing just fine. Turning in record profits I believe.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
I'm not worried about rich corporate cocksuckers.

The government is going broke and the lower and middle classes are staring down the barrel of serfdom.
Face the facts America (USA) you are in the 'proverbial poor house' and going down fast and Australia is right there with you!!

Thank you so much you mofo bloody religious and Communist thinkers...yes thank you for fucking up my country and the 'global market' to the point that I sincerely hope you enjoy the $$ you have scammed of the working poor because I doubt very much it will taste nice even with Ketsup or BBQ sauce and that is all you will have to eat.

congratulations IMF, UN et al!! Angry

So totally pissed offf! Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Well, there's an upside. We'll be able to shame our children with embellished stories of the hardship of the first global recession.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 15, 2011 at 8:51 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Communist thinkers..

Uh, what?

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 678 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Are conservatives in this country trying to turn 'Murica into Nazi Germany? Foxaèr 11 1475 May 6, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's wrong with Woke Spongebob 40 2837 January 23, 2022 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Liz Cheney Says She Was Wrong... Secular Elf 2 350 September 28, 2021 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5877 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Ukraine will become a developed country Interaktive 17 831 August 10, 2020 at 5:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fucking Cops: Volume II Minimalist 2600 254256 June 24, 2020 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Christianity as religious institution in politics over islamic is sadly almost better Kimba02 3 311 April 11, 2019 at 6:55 am
Last Post: Succubus
  The $60M "Mistake"- it's almost orgasmic! Fireball 8 753 October 3, 2018 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  IF You Are Wondering Why There Are So Many Fucking Assholes in Alabama Minimalist 15 1864 August 23, 2018 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama