Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cooking Thread
Heart 
The Cooking Thread
Finally! A thread where we can all share our culinary fantasies!

This one's for you Summerqueen Angel Cloud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQejeG2yUJQ

RE: The Cooking Thread
For my dinner tonight I prepared some fresh beef ravioli and spinach and ricotta parcels with a tomato and roast garlic sauce and onion and diced pineapple.

I had this with some wholemeal bread and a soft poached egg.

The egg and the bread were lovely, the rest was bloody awful!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Should of just made some egg 'n' soldiers.
Everyone should learn the following recipe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkqGICuOxY
Cooking shows are the worst. They always start out with some 40 syllable description of what they're about to prepare. Ask the cook at home, "chicken and taters". Cut and dry.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yesterday I made a marinara sauce, added some mushrooms, sliced olives and ground buffalo and served it over angel hair pasta with a garden salad and a round of Italian bread. Dad called earlier and said he’d just got back from Fresh Market with filet mignon, shrimp and asparagus. He wanted to know when I was coming over to cook it. So tonight it is shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, baked potatoes and grilled asparagus.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I´m hungry!
Where do I find meaning? ----> pleasure -----> hedonism

Where do I find meaning? ----> Wikipedia -----> lazy

Depends on what you mean by meaning.
(August 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Cooking shows are the worst. They always start out with some 40 syllable description of what they're about to prepare. Ask the cook at home, "chicken and taters". Cut and dry.

I like cooking shows where they go different places, watch cooks make them food and then eat it, telling me if it is awful or worth trying. I just like watching real cooks, in real restaurants, cook. I don't like the "watch me cook in this fake fucking studio kitchen" shows, with the exception of anything with Julia Child.
I like to watch cooking programs even though it's rare that I'd eat anything they'd made. I enjoy watching people who are truly passionate about what they're doing.
Well, you watch Julia as an exercise in vicarious drunkeness. She's also a solid ref for a drinking game.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooking vs Restaurants Spongebob 107 5926 September 19, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Cooking Tips BrianSoddingBoru4 64 3119 November 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2547 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4183 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  What are you cooking/eating right now? Joods 1249 77030 December 18, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Cooking Morel Mushrooms Mechaghostman2 3 799 May 12, 2017 at 5:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's everyone cooking for turkey day? brewer 43 6605 November 18, 2016 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Athene
  What are you cooking/eating for Thanksgiving? SteelCurtain 46 4537 November 27, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Cooking with Dyre Double Recipe Late night munchies + Bread pudding dyresand 0 1334 November 13, 2015 at 2:50 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Cooking with Dyre French Toast dyresand 10 1852 November 12, 2015 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand