Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn churchbells!
Damn churchbells!
Its gone 2 in the morning and I have been woken up AGAIN by churchbells. These are going off at all hours and Iam getting seriously pissed off. I have been in work all day from 8 this morning until 11:30 at night, iam knackered and I have churchbells ringing at gone 2am. Seriously, they are going off at all hours and they keep waking me up (not just tonight but this is almost, if not every night) . Can I do anything about this? Or does anyone atleast have some tips on how to block out the noise? I have had it up to my eyeballs! If this isn't against the law it bloody well should be! PEOPLE NEED TO SLEEP!
This is more of a rant than anything because iam seriously cheesed off!
(I wasn't sure where to put this so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section!)
Excuse any typos but I'm very tired and annoyed! And as I was typing this they went off again! (2:30am)
“It is surely harmful to the souls to make it a heresy to believe what is proved” - Galileo Galilei
RE: Damn churchbells!
Call the cops and file a complaint for disturbing the peace.
I believe the sentiment, behind all of the synchronized bells, is to remind god that he has a job, which he needs to show up for...at some point.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 17, 2011 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Call the cops and file a complaint for disturbing the peace.

That is a damn good idea!
(August 17, 2011 at 11:09 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I believe the sentiment, behind all of the synchronized bells, is to remind god that he has a job, which he needs to show up for...at some point.

That's fine but to do it at 2am and wake people up? That should be against the law. I need to sleep!
“It is surely harmful to the souls to make it a heresy to believe what is proved” - Galileo Galilei
Hey I'm with you buddy, but we've been paying the guy for centuries. We wouldn't need all the bells if he had left his proper address in his resume. Apparently his qualifications weren't the only thing he mislead us about.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Until you get the authorities to the rescue, I suggest earplugs Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Buy a set of noise cancelling headphones and send a copy of the invoice to the church..lol
(August 19, 2011 at 3:07 am)Emancipated Wrote:
(August 17, 2011 at 10:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Call the cops and file a complaint for disturbing the peace.

That is a damn good idea!

There is precedent.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/15/...ch-bells15

Go to the church and have it out with the priest/vicar/whoever.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Make loads of noise outside the church when they are trying to do shit... A prayer being interupted by manic screams from outside would be amusing.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn Florida, you so crazy no one 8 405 April 12, 2020 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Your damn electric car needs to make noise brewer 29 3563 July 16, 2019 at 7:40 am
  Damn - I hate that.... onlinebiker 7 1184 January 29, 2019 at 5:25 pm
  Damn Airlines! Dragonetti 2 571 June 12, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Shit, Ass, Damn, Piss, Fuck Cinjin 31 7207 January 29, 2014 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Damn my libido! Edwardo Piet 79 15623 August 19, 2013 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Damn you Bond!!! frankiej 2 978 January 12, 2012 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas