Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 Facts Every Atheist Teen Must Know
100 Facts Every Atheist Teen Must Know
http://www.scribd.com/doc/62630233/100-Facts

Thoughts? What would you change?
RE: 100 Facts Every Atheist Teen Must Know
Quote:Thoughts? What would you change?

Here in Australia,we have a technical term which pretty well covers the list: "What a load of hot cock"

Atheism is about belief,or more precisely, the lack of it. There is nothing whatsoever that 'as an atheist', ANYONE needs to know,teen or adult.

End of Lesson#1.Never ask for an opinion here unless you really want an honest answer.Tiger
I concur with Pad here and there seems to be some personal bias and many strawmen in that book. Also I noticed you putted catholicism ans christianism in defferent sections: They are Xtians too Tongue
In it self the booklet is not bad, I just read the first 20 pages and I take little issue with it. It does seem to want to interlink science and reason a lot with atheism while atheism in itself doesn't need to be linked to any of that, but then again a lot of the western atheist are at least somewhat science minded so its not a big deal to me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Pointless. Teens should be learning about sex, drugs (inc. booze), money, and their talents. Religion or the lack of it isn't about to land them any of these (unless they become a priest, then there are alter boys).
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 28, 2011 at 6:54 am)leo-rcc Wrote: In it self the booklet is not bad, I just read the first 20 pages and I take little issue with it. It does seem to want to interlink science and reason a lot with atheism while atheism in itself doesn't need to be linked to any of that, but then again a lot of the western atheist are at least somewhat science minded so its not a big deal to me.

I'd love to completely link the two as well, but then you have people like Joe Rogan who don't believe in the moon landing...
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I like it.

but than again, I'm not an atheist, so my perspective may be considered a lot less valid.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Facepalm It's embarrassing to have to side with Sae

[not really Sae(can we still be mortal enemies?)]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 28, 2011 at 12:16 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Facepalm It's h to have to side with Sae

[not really Sae(can we still be mortal enemies?)]

Mortal? What do you think I am?! Shake Fist

Ranting I am the resurrection goddess. Sure.. you can kill me. But not really: I just come back, usually in a different body, though I did start the whole 'walking dead' thing :S
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Speaking of the walking dead, how you feeling, more or less psychotic?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supreme Court Rules Taxpayers Must Fund Religious Schools Duty 17 1505 July 2, 2020 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 11715 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Fact, every single german nazi was a christian Deepthunk 249 59692 August 16, 2016 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Facts about Atheists Heat 21 3121 November 19, 2015 at 12:50 am
Last Post: Alex K
  This is so funny a must see Manowar 16 4272 September 28, 2015 at 6:42 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Religion must end. Spooky 60 9265 April 24, 2015 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Man Crucified Every Year Manowar 10 3066 April 5, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Must We Know Everything? Jenny A 24 3505 March 19, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Famed biologist says religion ‘is dragging us down’ and must be eliminated Mudhammam 24 5476 February 7, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  10 Questions for Every Atheist Clueless Morgan 38 6226 July 16, 2014 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72