Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online gameing
Online gameing
It seems like a few of you here are into it and I figured I might could get some suggestions from you. I'm haveing trouble finding games I enjoy. I believe I'm looking for mmorpg. The two I can think of closest to what I'm looking for is runescape(played it when I was younger) and a game called wonderland or WLO. I'm addicted to games where you can mine and make things for yourself. Not the standard kill things, make money, bug from shops. Both of the games I listed above. ESP the second have a large aspect of that. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anymore.
RE: Online gameing
Eve Online has the most in depth crafting experience in mmo's currently. Entire research lines are devoted to resource collection (both ships and structures). More to production, and operating production facilities. Yet more time to learn to exploit or predict the player driven market. It's essentially a dystopia based on corporations leveraging immortal mercenaries in highly advanced spacecraft to wage for-profit wars without any oversight whatsoever. Sandbox MMO.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
What's your favorite genre?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Minecraft?
It has a lot of mining, crafting, and online.
I'm trying to build a network of D3 players (before release) to help with a little for-profit gaming. If you have a well established D2JSP account we'd really love to have you aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm)ConformingDeath Wrote: It seems like a few of you here are into it and I figured I might could get some suggestions from you. I'm haveing trouble finding games I enjoy. I believe I'm looking for mmorpg. The two I can think of closest to what I'm looking for is runescape(played it when I was younger) and a game called wonderland or WLO. I'm addicted to games where you can mine and make things for yourself. Not the standard kill things, make money, bug from shops. Both of the games I listed above. ESP the second have a large aspect of that. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anymore.

Good 'traditional' MMORPGs (all of these have some (perhaps crude) form of crafting and resource collecting):

Good FFA MMO:

EVE Online. Is just as Rhythm says. And the battles in the game are very long and somewhat tactical. EVE is one of those games you can play in a second window while you're working on something else, and check it every 5-10 minutes Tongue

Good MMORPG H&S:

There's a new MMORTS out by Trion, and it is probably good... but this is a game-type beyond untested. Closest I can come to imagining it is a game of starcraft on a massive map with 50 players Tongue
(September 3, 2011 at 11:59 am)Rhythm Wrote: I'm trying to build a network of D3 players (before release) to help with a little for-profit gaming. If you have a well established D2JSP account we'd really love to have you aboard.

For profit gaming? I am interested... how do you mean this?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
http://www.eveonline.com/
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(September 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm)ConformingDeath Wrote: It seems like a few of you here are into it and I figured I might could get some suggestions from you. I'm haveing trouble finding games I enjoy. I believe I'm looking for mmorpg. The two I can think of closest to what I'm looking for is runescape(played it when I was younger) and a game called wonderland or WLO. I'm addicted to games where you can mine and make things for yourself. Not the standard kill things, make money, bug from shops. Both of the games I listed above. ESP the second have a large aspect of that. I was just wondering if anyone knows of anymore.

You should check out Terraria; it is cheap, simple, and really fun.

http://www.terraria.org/

It isn't an MMO-anything but it can be played with other people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone here play GTA Online? copiedusername 2 691 December 17, 2019 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: copiedusername
  Anyone else here play eve online? Lemonvariable72 15 2907 June 3, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Star Trek Online Vox Populi 10 1595 May 1, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  EVE online dyresand 10 1964 November 21, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Elder Scrolls Online - Solo Gaming ManMachine 0 1007 July 17, 2014 at 11:14 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Eve online Lemonvariable72 1 582 June 21, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Nine
  Elder Scrolls Online OGirly 17 3590 April 3, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Anyone here play Star Trek Online Fidel_Castronaut 9 2541 March 27, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  MechWarrior Online Annik 5 1639 April 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  EVE Online Hovik 26 9716 July 4, 2012 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Hovik