Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this institutionalized child abuse by religion?

I see many theists teaching many strange things to their children. Like the notion that fantasy, miracles and magic are all real.

Theists showed at the I D trials that it is ok to try to lie and distort the truth to have Christian creationism taught in school. The Dino Museum is in this same class of lying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rH6cXIID-Q

Some of theists teachings reach even further in terms of abuse.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXri...re=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBv8tv62yGM

Promoting death to Gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Zg_BV...re=related

Because of such abuses, I as a religionist and all other non literal people of spirituality are all clumped in with the above abusive groups. Insulting even you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUC...playnext=1

What are your thoughts in terms of the children’s mental health?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzC9iz34y...detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKxOaGLTPTM

As a theist, do you want to be associated with what you have seen your fellow theists doing?

Is what I have shown child abuse or not?
As a theist, should you be doing something to aid the victims?
As a non-theist, should you be doing something to aid the victims?
Are we not all our brothers keeper and should we not all be acting in the defense of our children and grand children?

Regards
DL
RE: Is this institutionalized child abuse by religion?
Religion is institutionalized child abuse.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yes, of course it is.

By the way, Carl Baugh is a two-bit phony.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/degrees.html

Quote:The specific science degrees claimed by Baugh (or attributed to him) have varied somewhat from account to account[11,12,13,14]. In recent years Baugh has claimed a "Masters Degree in Archaeology from Pacific College" and a "Doctor of Philosophy Degree in
from College of Advanced Education."[15]

Baugh gave the location of the College of Advanced Education (CAE) as Irving, Texas; however, the Chamber of Commerce, and Department of Taxation, and phone directory in Irving have no record of the school.[16] When pressed by an assistant for the address of CAE, Baugh gave it as "2355 West Pioneer, Irving, TX, 75061" and indicated that its dean was Dr. Don Davis.[17]. The address appears on a small house in Irving, located next to Sherwood Baptist Church, whose pastor is Rev. Don Davis. Davis indicated that CAE is a "missions" school, with no science classes or facilities.[18] The school is not accredited by any national or regional agency, nor certified by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (which must be obtained to legally grant degrees in Texas). In fact, none of the educational organizations that I contacted had ever heard of the school.[19]
Quote:Good enough for creationist morons but certainly unworthy of consideration by normal people as anything other than a con artist.

Whoever made the "Pit of Hell" is very fucked up, exactly how can people believe in this stone age bullshit? Sadistically insane people?
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
(September 15, 2011 at 1:29 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKxOaGLTPTM
Because obedience to authority has never done anybody any harm... except in Nazi Germany... and My Lai... and Abu Gharib... and Jim Crow... and... come to think of it, maybe forcing obedience on children isn't necessarily a good idea.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
At a young age, most kids really don't understand the concepts and theories behind what they are taught. I was brought up in a hardcore catholic household, and I never really remembered the concepts. I just remembers the words to prayers, the 10 commandments, the sacraments, the holy days of obligation and other facts. Never really understood the meaning.

Children shouldn't be taught religion by force. Let the children decide if they want to believe, children should not be told they have to believe a a certain way..

It's a shame these days.
Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
(September 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(September 15, 2011 at 1:29 pm)Greatest I am Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKxOaGLTPTM
Because obedience to authority has never done anybody any harm... except in Nazi Germany... and My Lai... and Abu Gharib... and Jim Crow... and... come to think of it, maybe forcing obedience on children isn't necessarily a good idea.

My almost 5 year old daughter was watching this one with me.

She said "Did he make up that song himself?"

I said, "No."

She said, "Then I'm not impressed."

(September 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: At a young age, most kids really don't understand the concepts and theories behind what they are taught. I was brought up in a hardcore catholic household, and I never really remembered the concepts. I just remembers the words to prayers, the 10 commandments, the sacraments, the holy days of obligation and other facts. Never really understood the meaning.

Children shouldn't be taught religion by force. Let the children decide if they want to believe, children should not be told they have to believe a a certain way..

It's a shame these days.

Impossible, the parents think they have to raise a christian child so he can get accepted into heaven too. Indoctrination :p
[Image: 4rynft.jpg]

Religion is like a Penis, you shouldn't whip it out in public and you shouldn't shove it down your child's throat.
[Image: ao1i8o.png]
(September 15, 2011 at 1:30 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Religion is institutionalized child abuse.

I agree.

Where to you think the law is in all this and why they are not acting to protect our young?

Is religion stronger than the law of the land against hate speech ?

Regards
DL
(September 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yes, of course it is.

By the way, Carl Baugh is a two-bit phony.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/degrees.html

Quote:The specific science degrees claimed by Baugh (or attributed to him) have varied somewhat from account to account[11,12,13,14]. In recent years Baugh has claimed a "Masters Degree in Archaeology from Pacific College" and a "Doctor of Philosophy Degree in
from College of Advanced Education."[15]

Baugh gave the location of the College of Advanced Education (CAE) as Irving, Texas; however, the Chamber of Commerce, and Department of Taxation, and phone directory in Irving have no record of the school.[16] When pressed by an assistant for the address of CAE, Baugh gave it as "2355 West Pioneer, Irving, TX, 75061" and indicated that its dean was Dr. Don Davis.[17]. The address appears on a small house in Irving, located next to Sherwood Baptist Church, whose pastor is Rev. Don Davis. Davis indicated that CAE is a "missions" school, with no science classes or facilities.[18] The school is not accredited by any national or regional agency, nor certified by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (which must be obtained to legally grant degrees in Texas). In fact, none of the educational organizations that I contacted had ever heard of the school.[19]
Quote:Good enough for creationist morons but certainly unworthy of consideration by normal people as anything other than a con artist.

It is a con game for sure.

Does government have a role to play our young being indoctrinated in false science?

The I D trial says that they do for schools but what of the false information fed to our children out of school?

Regards
DL
(September 15, 2011 at 9:14 pm)MilesTailsPrower Wrote: Whoever made the "Pit of Hell" is very fucked up, exactly how can people believe in this stone age bullshit? Sadistically insane people?

And they have access to all of our children directly and indirectly through religious institution.

Does government have a role to play here?

Regards
DL
(September 15, 2011 at 9:55 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:

It is a damned good idea if you want a nation of slaves.

Imagine a world where a Rosa Parks just obeyed.

Regards
DL

(September 15, 2011 at 11:28 pm)Loading Please Wait Wrote: At a young age, most kids really don't understand the concepts and theories behind what they are taught. I was brought up in a hardcore catholic household, and I never really remembered the concepts. I just remembers the words to prayers, the 10 commandments, the sacraments, the holy days of obligation and other facts. Never really understood the meaning.

It's a shame these days.

Is there a role for governments?

Regards
DL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 178 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1238 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1179 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3418 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Chile abuse priest Fernando Karadima removed by Vatican zebo-the-fat 2 921 September 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3628 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Sexual abuse in the Catholic church. How widespread is it? Graufreud 26 2146 August 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 815 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3351 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic