Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Myths Many Religious People Hold About Atheists, Debunked
10 Myths Many Religious People Hold About Atheists, Debunked
I hope no one's posted this already.

http://www.alternet.org/story/152395/10_...&rd=1&t=16
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: 10 Myths Many Religious People Hold About Atheists, Debunked
Cool. I read the entire article. A lot of that was spot-on.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
I can second that. Have to put this one in my faves when I get back home Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

One wonders how many of our resident, theistic shitheads will even bother reading.

Like their religious bullshit they have already been told what to believe and can see no argument against those beliefs....no matter how fucking silly they are.

Nice find, Summer.
I got it from your Texan counterpart, Min, on the Skeptalk e-mail list. He's just as crotchety as you. For a while, I thought you had a more poetic alter ego.
11th Myth Religious people hold about Atheist: "Atheists are not simply far better than they are". Big Grin

Another myth: Atheists only care about themselves.

Total Lie. Atheists have been the best friends and the most generous I have ever known. In truth, if there was something that was remotely fucked up in my life, you can be damn sure there was ALWAYS a christian at the center of it. Every time!
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:For a while, I thought you had a more poetic alter ego.

More poetic? Than Moi?
You're poetic like George Carlin, Min - prose flowing over the smooth stones of your curse words.
There was a young man from Nantucket.......................

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many of you atheists believe in the Big Bang Theory? Authari 95 4137 January 8, 2024 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: h4ym4n
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1889 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2779 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  How many of you know that there is atheism in Sanatana Dharma ? hindu 19 2234 June 7, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 6888 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4094 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4544 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6074 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Do Atheists Help[ People? Rhondazvous 32 5917 March 14, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2177 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet