Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Santorum needs to get hit by a bus.
Rick Santorum needs to get hit by a bus.
Horrible motherfuckers all around in the latest Republican debate.

Rick Sanatorum Wrote:"Any type of sexual activity has no place in the military"

Of course, that only goes for non-married service people.

Scumbag. At least he's out of politics, other than being a talking head at Faux News. No way that shit-eater will get the nomination or the Presidency.

(p.s. I know, I know, I'm giving corprophages a bad name associating them with him.)
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Rick Santorum needs to get hit by a bus.
I was under the impression something had already hit him in the head.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I'm not sure what I was more sickened by, Santorum's answer or the crowd booing when the gay soldier asked the question.

In Santorum's answer he said that homosexuals think they deserve special treatment, but all they are asking for is equal treatment. To conservatives, anyone fighting not to be treated as a second class citizen is asking for special treatment.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Wow...a thread suggesting someone get killed because they hold a political opinion that some find offensive?

Not cool.
Just another rung in the ever evolving and polite political discourse of the USA.

When State Supreme Court Justices strangle each other (Prosser in Wisconsin), can you expect more from the rabble?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(September 23, 2011 at 1:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Wow...a thread suggesting someone get killed because they hold a political opinion that some find offensive?

Not cool.

Whatever, Adrian. I didn't think you were so thick as to not recognize hyperbole when you see it.

Guess I was wrong.

Oh & quite honestly, I find *everything* about Santorum offensive. You should do a little reading up on him. Maybe then you'll actually have something relevant to add to this discussion.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Hyperbole or not, I don't think such statements are helpful when it comes to discussing political matters. His view is shared by a number of people, not all of whom are as undesirable as Santorum himself. You know my stance on this kind of thing; I've been on the receiving end of various Nazi-related attacks quite recently.

I don't see any reason to try and belittle your opponents, or to talk down about someone you disagree with, or even to say they should be "hit by a bus" for saying something controversial. It doesn't do anything positive for your position; in fact, I'd say it does the opposite.
(September 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm)Tiberius Wrote: His view is shared by a number of people, not all of whom are as undesirable as Santorum himself.

I'll have to disagree with you. Anyone who remotely shares his views on anything political or social is in my opinion undesirable.

He's opportunistic scum.
What did you expect, the guy even comes complete with the looks of a caricture of self-absorbed evangelical huckster, all that was missing was an ostentatious attempt to introduce a big haired floozy of an evenglical wife in front of a big screen for effect.
(September 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I don't see any reason to try and belittle your opponents, or to talk down about someone you disagree with, or even to say they should be "hit by a bus" for saying something controversial. It doesn't do anything positive for your position; in fact, I'd say it does the opposite.

Frankly, this sort of thing is exactly what's led to me distancing myself from political discourse. The right and left both engage in it, and I find it sickening regardless of whether I agree with someone's politics or not.

It's also worth recognizing that concerning certain politicians - hyperbole is completely superfluous, and serves to alienate people who might otherwise be your allies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hit Pieces on Bernie Sanders Are Somehow DUMBER This Time Around Cepheus Ace 9 1310 February 23, 2019 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 629 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 631 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm against abortion until my mistress needs one Doubting Thomas 32 4795 October 8, 2017 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  Things you think you country needs to improve Amarok 63 7262 March 3, 2017 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5521 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Pot-sitive Needs Neo-Scholastic 8 1613 November 9, 2016 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Drumpf Needs Better Advance Men Minimalist 17 1686 June 29, 2016 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Someone Needs To Tell Him That Minimalist 3 762 June 18, 2016 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Someone Needs To Tell Cruz Minimalist 1 702 April 7, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd