Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a witness that Jesus lives!
I'm a witness that Jesus lives!
First weekend in december 2008, I laid down to sleep. All of a sudden I was sitting on the edge of the bed, reading a book about Jesus and his father about how they have triumphed against evil throughout time. Then from behind me came the voice of Jesus, he said "hurry up and finish reading my book"! I was astounded and turned around to look over my shoulder...immediately he grabbed me from behind, underneath my armpits and lifted me clear off the bed! My whole body was vibrating from his touch. Then I woke up and to my surprise my entire body was still vibrating. Immediately, I knelt at the side of my bed and asked "what should I do" he said "be masterful", again I asked what should I do? he said "be free" then I asked how can I feel like this all the time? He said "follow me".
RE: I'm a witness that Jesus lives!
So let me get this straight.

You had a dream in which you talk to Jesus. You wake up with an after-effect of the dream. You pray and hear a voice in your head.

Dreaming is pretty common, having an after-effect of the dream is also pretty common (people wake up with sweats when they have nightmares, etc). The voice in the head bit could be anything though; it could simply be your mind doing it, or something in your brain, or yeah, Jesus. Which is the more rational explanation though, and how can you prove it was Jesus that did the talking?
A while ago now, just as I was drifting off to sleep I started to hear singing. This wasn't just like a tune going through my head but was as real as if I were wide awake with a pair of Bose headphones on.

It was real. I listened to the song, complete with music in its entirety.

Was this some sort of contact with the spirit world or a divine message? No, of course not, it was simply my brain that, for some reason had decided to play a famous Lionel Richie track to me.

However, if I had been of a religious persuasion and instead of Mr. Richie it had been Angels singing then I would have shot out of bed and prayed.

The only difference between my little experience and yours is the content of the experience. Don't underestimate the power of your mind to create realities out of seemingly nothing. After all, it does it all the time while we are awake.

Also, your original and only post smacks rather of the typical, holier than thou, mushy brained Christian hit and run post that the religious seem to think counts as proof and will obviously convince us wicked atheists to change our sinful ways and accept Christ as our personal saviour. So, if you ever do come back it might be nice if you could engage in a little mature debate and discussion as so far all we know about you is that you have the ability to dream.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(March 28, 2009 at 7:09 pm)domnavarra Wrote: First weekend in december 2008, I laid down to sleep. All of a sudden I was sitting on the edge of the bed, reading a book about Jesus and his father about how they have triumphed against evil throughout time. Then from behind me came the voice of Jesus, he said "hurry up and finish reading my book"! I was astounded and turned around to look over my shoulder...immediately he grabbed me from behind, underneath my armpits and lifted me clear off the bed! My whole body was vibrating from his touch. Then I woke up and to my surprise my entire body was still vibrating. Immediately, I knelt at the side of my bed and asked "what should I do" he said "be masterful", again I asked what should I do? he said "be free" then I asked how can I feel like this all the time? He said "follow me".

You're having a laugh?
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
OP, from my perspective I see no reason to think this was more then a dream. I have a regular habit of resting at a certain phase of sleep where my imagination is quite powerful and your describing that pretty closely.

This may be evidence to you directly, and you simply wanted to share it. That's fine but, be aware that personal stories and anecdotes are not evidence (At least they are the worst kind of evidence when they are) so, if the post was meant to make anyone consider the possibility of Jesus it will fail. You are just words on a page from a user who didn't bother to introduce himself, he just logged on and posted his dream.

If you seriously want to help people find Jesus and this is evidence to you (it would not be for me, dreams can be anything and feel very real) then the 100% best thing you can do is pray that Jesus reveals himself to us as he has to you. Even though I would hope that he would do it at a time where I could rely on the memory because dreams are useless for that use.

In the end dreams are JUST that, anything can happen in a dream and I once had one that felt so real I only found out it was a dream later on that week when I went to finish off the task and realised I hadn't started. Also waking up shaking is pretty common.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Has anyone here experienced a time when you were drifting into a dream, and in the dream you fall or trip over something, and then you wake up because your body reacts to to the fall as if it actually happened?

That's happened to me many times. The mind can play crazy tricks. One of my after-effects from a dream was a time when I woke myself up because I was laughing out loud.

Just out of curiosity domnavarra, do you ever wear nicotine patches? Or chew the gum? I used to wear the patch to sleep and it gave me VERY vivid dreams.

One time I had a dream that I was falling from the sky and then landed in the grass sitting next to Harry Potter. That doesn't mean Harry Potter is real, although that would be tight if he was.
Anyway, a dream is in no way any kind of evidence of anything. And neither is the voice you hear in your head when you pray.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
I've always found wet dreams very interesting in terms of what's happening in the dream and how that's reflected in real life.
(March 28, 2009 at 7:09 pm)domnavarra Wrote: First weekend in december 2008, I laid down to sleep. All of a sudden I was sitting on the edge of the bed, reading a book about Jesus and his father about how they have triumphed against evil throughout time. Then from behind me came the voice of Jesus, he said "hurry up and finish reading my book"! I was astounded and turned around to look over my shoulder...immediately he grabbed me from behind, underneath my armpits and lifted me clear off the bed! My whole body was vibrating from his touch. Then I woke up and to my surprise my entire body was still vibrating. Immediately, I knelt at the side of my bed and asked "what should I do" he said "be masterful", again I asked what should I do? he said "be free" then I asked how can I feel like this all the time? He said "follow me".

I'm sorry, but apart from it sounding really quite sexual (and so perverse in this context), how exactly do you distinguish that from a dream?

Kyu
(March 29, 2009 at 3:11 am)padraic Wrote: I've always found wet dreams very interesting in terms of what's happening in the dream and how that's reflected in real life.

ROFL ... I hadn't even read your post when I wrote what I wrote above!

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
This is just a strange non-serious thread.
(March 29, 2009 at 8:01 am)Giff Wrote: This is just a strange non-serious thread.
Are theists capable of creating serious threads?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jehovas's Witness incident Mr Greene 32 2486 April 27, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The witness argument (yet again, I know, I know) Mystic 81 11261 August 19, 2018 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Brian37
  God lives in space...? piterski123 11 2582 May 8, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why should religion have any influence on our lives? MusicLovingAtheist 62 9135 October 12, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  Witness of the Holy Spirit ThePinsir 10 2725 February 4, 2014 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  The Jehovah's Witness Protection Program freedomfromforum 31 7056 August 22, 2013 at 8:03 am
Last Post: gall
  Judge forces Jehovah's Witness parents to allow transfusion for daughter with cancer frankiej 3 2134 June 1, 2012 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religion: Making the lives ot Schizophrenic people HARDER without 12 4188 September 18, 2011 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower
  Bishops just can't stay out of people's sex lives OnlyNatural 13 3620 January 29, 2011 at 10:08 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Past Lives Sherry 28 7239 April 15, 2010 at 4:22 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko