Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted, creepy, or downright ridiculous places
Haunted, creepy, or downright ridiculous places
So with it being October and all, how about we post places near where we live that have "reputations"?

When I lived in VA, we didn't have too many haunted or spooky places, but we did have... DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNN! Bunny Bridge!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man

[Image: 1104833518_5654645182_z.jpg]

In Concord we have the Old Courthouse Theatre, which is supposedly haunted (aren't all playhouses?). Mostly I just think it's a beautiful building. It's only a couple blocks down from my house on my running route and the only thing I've seen haunting it are a couple of hobos.

[Image: Old%20Courthouse%20Theatre.JPG]

Lame-o place I live in.

On the other hand, we do have the Greensboro Hitchhiker (anyone who lives here knows you just don't pick up people from Greensboro anyway, so automatically be skeptical).
http://www.prairieghosts.com/greensboro.html

We have the Brown Mountain Lights:
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4226

The Devil's Tramping Ground
http://deviljazz.tripod.com/

The World's Largest 10 Commandments
[Image: 2707870001_2fede1c65b.jpg]

We've got our own resident Bigfoot named "Knobby" (for "Knob's Creek" rather than any other pervy reason).

And my favorite playground:
[Image: 8_wal-mart.jpg]

What about you guys?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Haunted, creepy, or downright ridiculous places
That old Walmart place gives me the creeps.
Waverly Hills Sanitorium
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRdkiNsliu0dJ1XJq9fut...UERahHoAxQ]

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You'll have to visit it every week if you live in Nashville, sugar.
The creepiest places I can think of would be some of the castles round here at night. Especially when walking through the corridors.

[Image: thursday_064_mid.jpg]

[Image: 73470450_c705195edd_o.jpg]

[Image: l.jpg]

Bodiam castle -

[Image: 321665_2113701646402_1361493580_32221263...3532_n.jpg]

I'm on the right, dad in the middle, sis on the left. You should see some of the castles at night, just it's shape and a few glowing windows.
[Image: 308905_2113728047062_1361493580_32221332...9077_n.jpg]
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Try walking through an underpass in a UK council estate at night then you will know what fear is.

I used to work at Haslar Hospital.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Hospital_Haslar

It had 18th century operating theatres in the basement which was where we kept our large packs and the casenotes from the Falklands conflict.
Some of the girls with said they were too scared to go down there but I think they just wanted to get of going down the steps.

Where I worked was the psych ward in the 17th Century.

The grounds are filled with the bones of at least 3000 people in unmarked graves.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/time-.../episode-2

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Where I worked was the psych ward in the 17th Century.

You keep saying you're old but...
(October 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(October 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Where I worked was the psych ward in the 17th Century.

You keep saying you're old but...

To clarify...when I worked here it was no longer the psych ward but medical records.

Funnily enough in my new job I recently had to provide documents to the relatives of some people whose father was the subject of a famous (to haslar staff at least) ghost story. I cant go into details but the facts were unfortunate and gory.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The queens vagina.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9803 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2264 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2238 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Common places you're a regular at. c172 47 4050 March 14, 2018 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Common places of business you've never graced with your patronage? Foxaèr 45 3208 March 9, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: c172
  The most ridiculous city names in the US rado84 47 8623 July 16, 2015 at 1:19 am
Last Post: c172
  Most Beautiful Places in America CapnAwesome 3 1236 July 4, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Poll - Christianity is a Ridiculous Compliation of Outdated Myths Derived from Pure Ignorance? RonaldReagansGhost666 1 1518 April 18, 2013 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Is it just me or is EGross' profile picture creepy and unsettling? Mystical 4 2195 March 3, 2013 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
Photo New Book - Haunted Universe dpmduran 23 9839 December 28, 2009 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Purple Rabbit