Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exactly Why Not TN
Exactly Why Not TN
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...-alliance/

[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Exactly Why Not TN
Stupid man!!

What does the TN stand for? :S
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
"Exactly Why Not to Live in Tennessee"

Actually it was a vague reference to a fellow Brit of yours, but that's what the title means.

That state is filled with bigoted hicks and ignorant fuckheads who all drink from the same coal-tainted reservoir.
Oh wow, did you read the story linked to the one you posted?

Pastor Orders His Flock to Beat Gay Couple Arriving At Church

Also in Tennessee.

I hope the whole evil congregation gets 10 years each.

Oh lookee, said evil pastor is also in jail right now for theft & has an interesting rap sheet. Must not be a true Christian, right?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
The collective peoples of Appalachia take so much heat.

http://appalachiafilm.org/
(link to a PBS doc)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 7, 2011 at 12:30 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: "Exactly Why Not to Live in Tennessee"

Actually it was a vague reference to a fellow Brit of yours, but that's what the title means.

That state is filled with bigoted hicks and ignorant fuckheads who all drink from the same coal-tainted reservoir.

Easy there. My girlfriend is from TN & is a very intelligent person as well as being an atheist. Unfortunately, you just described the rest of her family living there to a "T".
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Got you a rebel girl there eh? Clap
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:How could one man be full of that much bigotry that he threatens a student over a t-shirt with a harmless message?

Is the answer 'jesus?'
I have good friends who live in TN, and family in KY and ignoramuses up in the backwoods of OH - I'm not immune. And I live in NC. There are stars scattered in the darkness of the South. If only we could lighten the fuckin' place up.

Edit - ignoramus family, that is. Former shine runners.
(October 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Got you a rebel girl there eh? Clap

Well yeah, I do live in the south.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not Exactly News..... Minimalist 6 1305 December 9, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Um...Exactly How Stupid Are White People? Minimalist 6 1648 December 2, 2014 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Exactly one dollar.... Rhizomorph13 9 2038 March 29, 2012 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  Yay! I have exactly 2000 posts! Rhizomorph13 13 3615 June 6, 2011 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13