Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sums up our state of affairs pretty much. :-/
This Sums up our state of affairs pretty much. :-/
5 Passengers 4 Parachutes...

An aeroplane was about to crash; there were 5 passengers on board, but only 4 parachutes.

The first passenger said, "I am President Obama, the chosen one. The world needs me, I can't afford to die." So he took the first parachute and left the aircraft.

The second passenger, Julia Gillard, said, "I am the prime Minister of Australia and I am the smartest woman in Australian history, so Australia 's people don't want me to die." She took the second parachute and jumped out of the aircraft.

The third passenger, Bob Brown, said, "I'm the leader of the Australian Greens and the nation needs my guidance and my boyfriend would miss me." So he grabbed the parachute next to him and jumped

The fourth passenger, ex-PM John Howard, said to the fifth passenger, a 10-year-old schoolgirl, "I have lived a full life, and served my country the best I could. I will sacrifice my life and let you have the last parachute."

The little girl said, "That's okay, Mr. Howard. There's a parachute left for you. Australia ’s smartest woman took my schoolbag!”
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Pretty Amusing. Minimalist 7 643 December 31, 2017 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Much of a Nazi is the Pope? Edwardo Piet 5 589 September 5, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Missed it by that much..... True story.... Brian37 13 1802 May 4, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This Pretty Girl Was Seeking A Rich Husband. The Reply She Got.... Gooders1002 14 2617 June 24, 2014 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Pretty much how it goes. theVOID 6 2146 February 28, 2011 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Not so much funny as it is too damn true! Minimalist 5 2341 January 15, 2011 at 1:21 am
Last Post: The Skeptic