Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humor goes creepy
Humor goes creepy
Oh, I'm sure it's all meant in the best possible way.

Or not.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/st...ZSDKqdx1gW

Trying to update my sig ...
RE: Humor goes creepy
Creepy's the word. There's something a little forced about this brand of 'comedy' - and by forced I think I really mean unfunny. Religious jokes are one thing, but self-deprecating jokes with a religious message are just plain embarrassing, in the same way as xtian-themed 'rock'. That picture of Rev Martin doesn't exactly help matters, either.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Not new; the sufi Nasrudin/Nasreddin used humour to teach ca thirteenth century.

The fuil Wiki article is worth reading..

Quote:Nasreddin (Arabic: نصرالدین جحا‎ / ALA-LC: Naṣraddīn Juḥā, Ottoman Turkish: نصر الدين خواجه, Nasreddīn Hodja) is a satirical Sufi figure, sometimes believed to have lived during the Middle Ages (around 13th century) and considered a populist philosopher and wise man, remembered for his funny stories and anecdotes.[1] He appears in thousands of stories, sometimes witty, sometimes wise, but often, too, a fool or the butt of a joke. A Nasreddin story usually has a subtle humour, but it is claimed that within the tale there is usually also something to be learned.[2] The International Nasreddin Hodja fest is celebrated between July 5-10 in Aksehir, Turkey every year.[3]

Quote:Once Nasreddin was invited to deliver a sermon. When he got on the pulpit, he asked, Do you know what I am going to say? The audience replied "no", so he announced, I have no desire to speak to people who don't even know what I will be talking about! and left.
The people felt embarrassed and called him back again the next day. This time, when he asked the same question, the people replied yes. So Nasreddin said, Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I won't waste any more of your time! and left.
Now the people were really perplexed. They decided to try one more time and once again invited the Mulla to speak the following week. Once again he asked the same question - Do you know what I am going to say? Now the people were prepared and so half of them answered "yes" while the other half replied "no". So Nasreddin said Let the half who know what I am going to say, tell it to the half who don't, and left.[20]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasrudin

PS I've long believed that given his background and the company he kept,Jesus probably had a very earth sense of humour;enjoying an telling fart jokes for example.
Article Wrote:Think of it from a cosmic view — God creates human beings with the capacity to question his existence thereby enabling humanity with a mind that can reach wrong conclusions while He watches. It's pretty funny."

Is this fucktard really saying that god, having given humanity the capacity to question his own existence, watches humans come to the "wrong" conclusion (thus of course sending them to eternal torment) and this asshat sheep fucker thinks it's FUNNY?!

That's FUNNY?!?!? How is that remotely funny??

Here let me burn your face with a blowtorch for an hour because you said you didn't want to spend time with me and we'll see how funny it is.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Yes, because giraffes have funny long necks because god needed a chuckle. It had nothing to do with natural selection.

ha ha ha.

[Image: Failstronginthisone.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
My favourite part:

Quote:Liel Leibovitz, who writes Blessed Week Ever, a weekly Torah column for the Jewish magazine Tablet, doubts anyone could believe in God without laughing.

You said it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another "image" of Jesus goes viral Foxaèr 26 2626 May 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell? brewer 27 5597 May 8, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: emjay
  mormonism, anything goes LivingNumbers6.626 8 2206 September 16, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where goes god get his morality from? Lemonvariable72 32 8236 September 28, 2013 at 3:12 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  What happens when an athiest goes to a pentacostal church? "funny story" JohnDG 19 9980 May 16, 2011 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  As time goes by Darwinian 63 23571 September 9, 2009 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet