Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angry Atheist is Angry [at Facebook theists]
Angry Atheist is Angry [at Facebook theists]
Far too often I see statuses on Facebook like this:
Quote:It's about time we stop telling God how big the storm is and start telling the storm how big our God is. Yea I did say our God but notice I didn't say our storm. We don't own the storm. God fights our battles, therefore, the battle doesn't belong to us
And at least 5 people liking it or posting comments about how they agree with the person who posted it.

Yet, when I posted this a few months ago:
Quote:For all those people who get offended at the GD word: Shut your goddamn mouth and mind your own goddamn business. It is just a goddamn word, goddammit!!!!!
Not only did I not get any "likes", what I did get were comments like this (NOTE: "tyedai" is my nickname):
Quote:...Uhh tyedai I think you may have went too far
Quote:You may think its funny or something to say things like you said but . . . Even if you have your account is set to only your friends access to your comments, you should still never post anything you wouldn't want your mother, DAD, Pastor, Grandparents, future employer, or maybe college entrance person to see. You never know who might see it despite your settings. Somethings are funny. Sometimes people take things out of context and twist them around. And its fine to have an opinion on anything and everything and even express it. But using language like you did is not called for. Language like that shows a lack of vocabulary and education. Both of which I know you have, so use them please.
Also, and I've said this in another thread, a couple of girls in my class threatened me.

So I just thought, "Fine. I won't do that anymore." And I haven't. And I've also come to ignore statuses like the one I mentioned. And other ones that I don't like, particularly ones pertaining to patriotism.

Basically, what's really irking me is that these goddamn theists can say whatever the fuck they want and no one says anything!!! Yet, I can't say anything because not only are most of my Facebook friends theists, but literally no one in my family knows that I'm an atheist (I've tried telling them before, but they refused to believe me so now I just humor them) and Facebook is the last place I'd want them to find that out from, IF they ever find out.

I really wish I could let these people know what I want to say, I mean it does say "What's on your mind?". However, seeing how I can't say what's on my mind because of the risks I would be taking if I do, I'm seriously considering unfriending family members and/or these preachy fuckers, which is basically all but about four of my friends, or just deleting my Facebook account altogether.
Although, I also have this idea of creating another account under a fake name. Dunno

What do you guys think? What should I do?
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
RE: Angry Atheist is Angry [at Facebook theists]
Quote:you should still never post anything you wouldn't want your mother, DAD, Pastor,

Why would that idiot assume you had a "pastor?" Its about as useful as having a hernia in the first place and, if an atheist did have a pastor I can't think of anyone who would need to hear more about how fucked up his god is.
Debate them on Facebook. I have done that before, and they end up looking like idiots, or they just stop the conversation.
Yep. If you've not got much to lose from doing it, hit 'em where it hurts. Their balls.
(October 20, 2011 at 6:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:you should still never post anything you wouldn't want your mother, DAD, Pastor,

Why would that idiot assume you had a "pastor?" Its about as useful as having a hernia in the first place and, if an atheist did have a pastor I can't think of anyone who would need to hear more about how fucked up his god is.

My dad's the one that posted it. Like I said, no one in my family knows that I'm an atheist.
(October 20, 2011 at 7:39 pm)ElDinero Wrote: Yep. If you've not got much to lose from doing it, hit 'em where it hurts. Their balls.

I have some pretty close friends that I would lose. Seriously, I barely talk to them about religion in real life.
Don’t ask.

Atheist
I Evolved!
Delete what you don't want, or start revealing yourself. Its your page. I tell people "It's a monarchy, not a democracy". And I hide the fundies who insist on being friends with me. If they don't like the blasphemous, heretical or downright lewd things I post...fuck 'em. It means they have no sense of humor.

Also, I'm not friends with anyone in my family except my sister, my brother, and my three cousins, one of whom is in the Navy and pays fuck all attention to FB, the other two being rather agnostic girls. I suggest you either take your "elders" and god-loving family out, or you put them in their own little group and make it so by default they can't see your posts unless it's innocuous and you don't mind. (My mother says I give her enough gray hair without her seeing my "other" conversations.)

Also, as far as "attention" towards posts goes...

My buddy Spall is a self-admitted attention whore, and an atheist jokester. He posts things all the time that are bloody hilarious, and trolls my page specifically to make wise-ass comments. And then complains in private when very few people "like" them or he gets no attention. And then people would PM us saying "Oh, you're so funny, blah blah." We got to thinking, and the hypothesis right now is that people will "like" anything that society deems as "good" just to put up a nice front, and will secretly agree with or laugh at anything we're apt to put up but they're too pussy to show they agree for fear they'll have to get into a debate about it.

Me, after a year in this place...I wish some of the under-prepared people on my lists would try something. They never do though. I had one Calvinist who used to go head to head with both of us, but unfriended him because of his girlfriend (another long and nasty example of Christian whoredom). Le sigh.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Don't stop posting, start unfriending instead.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Don't stop believin'
If Facebook friends or Google+ circled people still haven't figured out I'm an atheist yet then they should not be allowed to operate a computer. They would just end up licking the screen or something.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I love facebook retards
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Facebook god post Rahn127 10 1384 June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 18659 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Just now on Facebook....... Brian37 10 1529 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2721 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Angry, condescending atheists Starman 91 10705 February 26, 2018 at 6:44 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why I'm an atheist, a point of confusion for many theists Asmodee 28 5490 December 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 16566 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 4019 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  Angry parents over "Islam Homework" LOL??? GoHalos1993 41 8971 December 19, 2015 at 5:20 am
Last Post: abaris
  Myth of The Angry Atheist brewer 35 8195 July 31, 2015 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Athene