Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How non-americans view America
How non-americans view America
I think this is a phenomena in itself.
When I was like little, I knew not much about it, actually.
I watched movies that were made, or were filmed in American cities, streets and etc. But it really caught my attention with some Turkish song that spoke about America and all..How full of adventures America was, and how people in texas wore hats, jeans and boots and basketball and rockers and rappers in the streets with barrels on fire in the nights....
Like I liked the song so much, I drew America according to my own vision of how it could look like.
Not to mention that the clip itself showed places from around America and all..
I was like 8 around the time it came out I think. Was one of the hit songs at the time in Turkey...
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: How non-americans view America
America doesn't seem so bad... It is a shame about it being inhabited by Americans though Tongue
Cunt
What is your point? Pop culture influences how people view many things.
That will never hold up in court...
(October 31, 2011 at 5:23 pm)Phaedra Wrote: What is your point? Pop culture influences how people view many things.

I was just stating how my, and many other people's opinions have changed on America.
Like you could do a song on how awesome America is back in the 90ties, but if you'd do one now, people would probably accuse you of being an american whelp, and etc.
I won't really lie, so would I. But back then, no one really had a negative opinion on America(besides extreme-leftists, who were already crushed the time we hit the 90ties tho).
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xBEOQDckk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7LvUDCcNss

Nobody knew America like Carlin.

Very friendly people. shit awful politicians. Inward looking who are unaware of the outside world.(just the impression I got)
(October 31, 2011 at 5:26 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I was just stating how my, and many other people's opinions have changed on America.
Like you could do a song on how awesome America is back in the 90ties, but if you'd do one now, people would probably accuse you of being an american whelp, and etc.
I won't really lie, so would I. But back then, no one really had a negative opinion on America(besides extreme-leftists, who were already crushed the time we hit the 90ties tho).

Are you referring to our culture or our foreign policy?
That will never hold up in court...
(October 31, 2011 at 5:30 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Very friendly people. shit awful politicians. Inward looking who are unaware of the outside world.(just the impression I got)

Can't argue with that.

(October 31, 2011 at 5:31 pm)Phaedra Wrote:
(October 31, 2011 at 5:26 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I was just stating how my, and many other people's opinions have changed on America.

Are you referring to our culture or our foreign policy?
Mostly your foreign policy. Because not many people know about American culture, and I must admit, neither do I. Like how do you describe it, actually? Is is really a "distinct" culture?

I have to add, that i really liked being there. Great optimism even in tough times, and nyc is skint.

I'd move there after college if they'd have me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 806 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1551 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  An interesting read concerning atheism in america. brewer 11 687 January 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do you view humanity in general? Ahriman 73 4641 October 2, 2021 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Non-Alcoholic Beer Foxaèr 48 2521 June 13, 2021 at 5:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Non-Alcoholic Bears LadyForCamus 8 660 June 12, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  About non European films. Peebothuhlu 4 515 November 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  [Serious] Are you non-binary? Porcupine 48 3502 July 18, 2020 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Lucky-Assed Americans: What Will You Do with Your $1200? Rhondazvous 22 2761 May 2, 2020 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Andrew Zimmern, "What's Eating America".. Brian37 36 3719 February 17, 2020 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: brewer