Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion of peace spreads the word again
Religion of peace spreads the word again
Anyone surprised?

French satirical paper Charlie Hebdo attacked in Paris

Quote:The offices of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris have been destroyed in a petrol bomb attack.

It comes a day after the publication named the Prophet Muhammad as its "editor-in-chief" for its next issue.

The cover of the magazine carried a caricature of the Prophet making a facetious comment.

Ah, that explains it all: they were asking for it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Religion of peace spreads the word again
Yeah saw this one Stimbo... religious fundies at it again...they have no idea how the rest of said religious demographic feels towards that paper...Dodgy probably indifferent.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Quote:The BBC's Paris correspondent Hugh Schofield says Charlie Hebdo has a long track record of irreverence to all religions.

Good for them. I wonder if they have an English edition?
A nice depiction of Mohammed in South Park back in Season 5...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_E6zoUJzvU

Anyone else think we should have a "Draw Mohammed" thread? That is unless there isn't already one dwelling in the depths somewhere...
Cunt
The word being "firebomb".
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
[Image: hope-it-is-a-joke.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Some Muslims cannot handle these kind of satirical stuff (unfortunately).

Personally, I don't care if someone draws a cartoon of Muhammad. It doesn't affect me at all.
But I don't know why some Muslims get angry over these trivial things.

Frankie, there are 2 threads:
http://atheistforums.org/thread-3726.html
http://atheistforums.org/thread-3740.html

Also, here's a thread I made earlier about whether or not Muhammad was a "pedophile" (if anyone is interested):
http://atheistforums.org/thread-7027.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1273 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Freedom and peace in the Qur'an KuranMumini19 46 5116 May 7, 2020 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Jonah -peace be upon him- and the whale WinterHold 22 3686 December 26, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: no one
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 13924 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Moses peace be upon him, very short tale. WinterHold 18 4211 March 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 984 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  islam stipulates PEACE through indiscriminate violence driver82 9 1916 April 21, 2016 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The good word and righteous action lifts it. Mystic 7 1269 December 16, 2015 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5461 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO dyresand 83 13594 January 12, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus