Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patton Oswalt deconstructs song "Christmas Shoes" - hehehe
Patton Oswalt deconstructs song "Christmas Shoes" - hehehe

Patton Oswalt takes apart the 2002 Christmas song by the Christian rock group NewSong, called "Christmas Shoes."

This song reached number one on the Adult Contemporary Billboard chart, but the words are horribly evil when you think about them. Mr. Oswalt did, and the video link below to YouTube (with animation graphics, some may find this offensive, but probably no one on this group).

James, on the Left side of Nebraska. I sent all my holiday cards out with Eid stamps today. Our poor Postmaster in this tiny village couldn't sell Eid stamps if his life depended on it, so I bought them for my cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...q10bz3PxyY

"Be ye not lost amongst Precept of Order." - Book of Uterus, 1:5, "Principia Discordia, or How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her."
RE: Patton Oswalt deconstructs song "Christmas Shoes" - hehehe
Clap Clap Clap

ROFLOL

Holy fuck, I'm dying over here! Great find! Christians are so fucked up that sometimes all you can do is point out the absurdities, and laugh at them till your sides ache.

While the clip is hilarious, it's not horribly evil that we can be reminded of brotherly love and caring for each other the best way we can through even the roughest tribulations in life. The song doesn't state, nor imply, nor is it a Christian dogma that God causes cancer in people just to have people worship him more. Pat yourselves on the back all you want atheists, what's absurd is the length some will go to to villainize Christianity.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Atheists really don't have to go to any lengths to make christians look villainous. The other day, on fb, this woman with whom I vaguely remember having some acquaintance posted that god knew what he was doing making her sleep through her alarm, because there was a fatal car wreck on the interstate she uses to get to work. It could have been her, but thanks to god, it was just someone else...

It's that kind of shit that just strengthens the atheist's case that christians are among the most arrogant, selfish little pricks in the world. If I hated all christians based on that alone, I would hate... pretty much everyone I know. I hate that they rationalize thing so disgustingly and poorly, but I view them as victims, and tolerate their outbursts of mindless, self-centered, god drivel. It's not so much an effort to villainize christians, for me, as it is just making an observation.

That friend you cited is sick and uncompassionate. That's an observation, bluntly and honestly.
Christians are so fucked ... and laugh at them till your sides ache. is not an observation or tolerant, just mockery whcich serves only to villainize christians and make you feel good about your position. But, to each their own.

"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

I suppose you could call it mockery, and that would be fair. I'm going to hell anyway, right? So I might as well have fun mocking the Christians before I die, and fry with the rest of the good people in the world.

No I dind't say that and you entitled to mock what you like. You probably feel justified through your religious experiences in doing it. I personally just don't feel countering hate and ignorance with the same is the right path for the betterment of society.

Ah ok, I have heard this before.
Cunt
You know me Tacky ... I'm openly unapologetic about mocking the sheep. Unlike most on this site ... I'll admit it ... I DO hate christianity.

Also, and this is just my opinion, but when you tell me that I'm villainizing christianity, to me it's like saying that I'm criminalizing a crime. Ridiculous.

2000 years of oppression, bigotry, murder, rape, and outright lies is the calling card of Christianity and great majority of the sheep are guilty as charged - even if that does not apply to you.

"Hey look, that duck over there is a duck!"

[Image: Evolution.png]

I can't wait to get home and watch that, mouse. I fucking hate that song with a passion - and it's not often I waste emotion space on hating something so viciously and totally.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A song that you hate The Valkyrie 33 2304 December 17, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  An 80s song that could apply to the past 4 years. Brian37 39 2173 November 25, 2020 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Yes, this IS a Buddy Holly Song....... Brian37 10 1037 June 13, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My new favorite song of all time excluding classical music Alex K 1 591 January 26, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  As much as I love ABBA, this is my fav song..... Brian37 16 1675 January 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Challenge New, New year's song...... Brian37 0 219 January 3, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  THIS Is How You Update A Christmas Song! BrianSoddingBoru4 1 925 December 23, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Every so often I post my fav song... Brian37 14 943 December 7, 2018 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Do you know this song? Edwardo Piet 9 1149 May 9, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  3 Versions of the same Song vulcanlogician 11 1572 April 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: Angrboda