Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who you voting for?
Who you voting for?
This isn't a thread where you gimi that bullshit, I don't have to tell you. I would like everyone to tell me who your voting for and why. I'd say Ron Paul myself, but I'm too young to vote. This guy has his shit straight. Thinking smaller government, but he seems like the right type of guy who could have more power without going all... Nixon on our asses. Am I right? Why? Why not? Please tell me.
"Truth can never be reached by just listening to the voice of an authority." -- Francis Bacon

RE: Who you voting for?
Right now I am not voting for anyone. It will be the first time in a decade when I havent voted.

Im looking into third parties...heh...as if that will make a fucking difference.
I'm in one of the reddest states in the union. Obama has no chance to take my state's electoral votes anyway. The Republicans could run the Hitler/Stalin ticket, the Dems could run the Washington/Lincoln ticket and Kentucky would still be colored red on the post election maps.

Consequently, I'm looking for a good third party candidate.

Those who live in solid red states should do the same.

Those who live in swing states or blue states, if they're open to suggestions, I'd advise them to hold their nose and vote for Obama.

If progressives everywhere could agree to this strategy, we could have it both ways. We'll be sending a message to the Democrats ("stop throwing us under the bus!" ) while not toying with the possibility of "president Gingrich".
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
I know some of you are against it, but if i was an lesser human (American) Big Grin , i'd vote Obama because he's the lesser evil. Even if you dislike him, he's 10 times the president any of the Republican fuckwits would be. They are the most disgusting creatures in politics at the moment and you should vote just to keep them away.

Yes that's aimed at people who say they won't vote Obama, but hate Republicans more. Suck up your pride and keep the Right wing Christards out. Just imagine what they'd do if one of their crackpots got back in.
(December 15, 2011 at 4:58 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Yes that's aimed at people who say they won't vote Obama, but hate Republicans more. Suck up your pride and keep the Right wing Christards out. Just imagine what they'd do if one of their crackpots got back in.

I should probably explain to those who don't live in America that we have a needlessly complex, almost Byzantiine system of electing our presidents. We have this antiquated institution called "The Electoral College".

The way it works is that each state has a set number of "Electoral College Votes" equal to the number of congressional representatives that it has (2 + number determine proportionate to population). Every state has its own election and nearly every state is "winner take all".

Consequently, it doesn't matter if you lost 49/51 to your opponent or you lost every single vote that was cast in the entire state. Either way, you get 0 Electoral Votes from that state.

It's for this reason that we've twice had presidents elected by the Electoral College who actually lost the popular vote. One of these was W. Bush (putting aside whether or not he actually won in Florida, and I'm sorry but no, I won't "get over it" until the day I die).

So if you live in a solid "red state" (meaning Republican or conservative territory), screw Obama. He's going to lose in your state anyway. Vote 3rd party. If you live in a blue or close-call state, hold your nose and vote Obama.
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
If I were American, I'd vote for Ron Paul. If he weren't on the ticket, I'd write him in.
In Scotland, we have a proportional representational system... It isn't exactly perfect, but it makes your system look like the best thing since sliced bread.
Cunt
Obama.

There is no other choice.
I've started a thread on the Electoral College. Non-Americans are welcome to offer their opinions as well.
I can't stand Ron Paul. I think he's totally unrealistic, and I've not been impressed with him for one tiny fraction of a millisecond.

I'm voting for Obama. I happen to like black jesus.. and the fact that the conservative shit lickers in this country can't stand him, just makes me like him even more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 963 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Compulsory Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 132 9759 December 28, 2022 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What you think of USA voting system? Woah0 10 886 August 17, 2022 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Attack on voting Spongebob 103 6353 August 18, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  The electors are voting right now. Gawdzilla Sama 18 1056 December 15, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Help me out here. Barrett and voting case. Brian37 31 3411 October 30, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 762 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Protest Voting BrianSoddingBoru4 42 1561 October 17, 2020 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  The new voting block onlinebiker 2 330 February 19, 2020 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Voting living in no man's land. Brian37 4 591 November 5, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aegon