Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 10:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck Off, Xtians!
RE: Fuck Off, Xtians!
(July 25, 2015 at 1:51 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Must I remind you that you're the one that jumped all bad trying to correct me when you had no clue what you were talking about. You still haven't explained what point you were trying to make...
#2 obviously. By all means keep up the obfuscation.

I was heading the argument off at the pass. Contraceptive drugs are medicine (try getting them without a prescription). Of course you want to again make a distinction without a difference in order to let Christians push their views on an unsuspecting clientele. I was simply pointing out that the entire charade is based on the Christian obsession over abortion, particularly backing up the start of life to conception.
(July 24, 2015 at 8:38 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 6:14 pm)Cato Wrote: There's no difference in meaning here. Your question is nonsensical.

Going to play dumb?

The first statement is saying that morning after pills are "considered" or "believed" to be contraception, as if there some sort of ambiguity, the second statement is definitive.

Big difference.
That's the way of the theist, to believe in things that don't exist. Cato knows what he was saying so, as always, the burden of proof is on you, dear.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(July 25, 2015 at 2:17 pm)Cato Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 1:51 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Must I remind you that you're the one that jumped all bad trying to correct me when you had no clue what you were talking about. You still haven't explained what point you were trying to make...
#2 obviously. By all means keep up the obfuscation.

I was heading the argument off at the pass. Contraceptive drugs are medicine (try getting them without a prescription). Of course you want to again make a distinction without a difference in order to let Christians push their views on an unsuspecting clientele. I was simply pointing out that the entire charade is based on the Christian obsession over abortion, particularly backing up the start of life to conception.

Ok, definition number two then

Quote:2. to regard as or deem to be

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deem
Quote:Full Definition of DEEM
transitive verb
:  to come to think or judge :  consider <deemed it wise to go slow>
intransitive verb
:  to have an opinion : believe

Now what?

(July 25, 2015 at 2:29 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: That's the way of the theist, to believe in things that don't exist. Cato knows what he was saying so, as always, the burden of proof is on you, dear.
What are you talking about?
(July 25, 2015 at 2:32 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Now what?

Again, the sense of the meaning isn't up to you. You are the only person here pretending to be confused. I see you still want to obfuscate and haven't even addressed your distinction without a difference.
(July 25, 2015 at 2:47 pm)Cato Wrote: Again, the sense of the meaning isn't up to you. You are the only person here pretending to be confused. I see you still want to obfuscate and haven't even addressed your distinction without a difference.

Look, the bottom line is that the words "consider" and "believe" are synonymous... deal with it.

And you guys call me obtuse, geeze.  Rolleyes
(July 25, 2015 at 2:54 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: And you guys call me obtuse, geeze.

Evidenced by your insistence that consider 'must' mean believe regardless of my stated position to the contrary and the context in which it was used. Your inability to understand what a distinction without a difference entails is also an important consideration in this evaluation.
(July 25, 2015 at 2:32 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(July 25, 2015 at 2:17 pm)Cato Wrote: #2 obviously. By all means keep up the obfuscation.

Ok, definition number two then

Quote:2. to regard as or deem to be

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/deem
Quote:Full Definition of DEEM
transitive verb
:  to come to think or judge :  consider <deemed it wise to go slow>
intransitive verb
:  to have an opinion : believe

Now what?

(July 25, 2015 at 2:29 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: That's the way of the theist, to believe in things that don't exist. Cato knows what he was saying so, as always, the burden of proof is on you, dear.
What are you talking about?

You don't even know what you're talking about, so don't expect to know what anybody else is talking about. You're very good at skirting the issue. Skipped right over our other comments so you could get into an arguement over whether or not the m.a.p. is a contraceptive so that you can avoid the issue. Whether it is or not doesn't matter. It's still something a pharmacist is supposed to dispense, otherwise the doctor would not have sent the patient to the pharmacist to begin with. If his beliefs won't let him do his job, he should get another.

What could a Christian do? If he became a garbage truck driver, will he drive by the houses of gays and women who put empty contraceptive boxes in their trash cans?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I haven't read all nine pages of this thread, so someone may already have mentioned this, but what I really want to know is why the Christians have to impinge on the rights of others to uphold their faith.  If they don't like contraceptives, fine, don't take them, but why deny them to people who don't believe in a god that thinks abortion is evil?  Same thing with homosexuality.  If you don't like it, fine, don't get into gay relationships, but what business is it of yours what other people do with their lives?
(July 24, 2015 at 1:46 am)Huggy74 Wrote: Did you guys even read the story? It's talking about contraceptives... you think any Christians pharmacist is opposed to delivering medicine in general?

Quote:The ruling, from the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, came in a case filed by pharmacists who objected to delivering emergency contraceptives.

Contraceptives are a medicine Huggies. If the pharmacist had such a strong objection to dispensing something that's been around for decades maybe he should have chosen another career.

I'll never understand the mentality that leads people to take jobs, even pursue careers, where they will be required to do something against their beliefs. For fucks sake, get a different job, go back to school and pursue a different career, become a bum living in the park, but for fucks sake quit trying to force your morality on everyone else.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(July 24, 2015 at 1:04 pm)MTL Wrote:
(July 24, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You don't understand advertising very well.  They wanted to be THE JESUS LOVING BAKER so all the other jesus-loving shitheads would support them and patronize their shop.

Religion is always about marketing, my friend.

But WHAT are they marketing?

The cure for the disease they try to convince you you've got.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to get kicked off a christian forum Drich 61 8850 April 30, 2020 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: no one
  Xtians Will Hate This. Minimalist 34 3227 December 3, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1416 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Xtians tried to pray Irma away drfuzzy 11 2464 September 12, 2017 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  No Surprise, Here. Xtians Are Full of Shit. Minimalist 5 1242 August 4, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Tell Me Again How Great Fucking Xtians Are Minimalist 44 13484 June 26, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Astonished
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6185 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  As Dumb A Fuck As The Rest Of The Silly Hat Brigade Minimalist 12 3601 March 23, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: The Atheist
  A challenge to xtians persuade me dyresand 47 10908 September 4, 2015 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Okay Girls.....Jesus Wants You to Fuck Like Bunnies Minimalist 133 26540 July 19, 2015 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Cyberman