Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 22, 2024, 11:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy created nor destroyed.
RE: Energy created nor destroyed.
Have I been quoting Dawkins anywhere here?

The opinion of a "leading expert" in any field of study isn't worth much on its own. People, even very intelligent people, can be wrong or can let their enthusiasm carry them away. Look at Linus Pauling, for instance.

We're all good at linking to journals. In my case, since I have less than 200 MB left on my monthly data plan and can't be bothered to look at every one of those articles, could you please quote one peer reviewed study that proves that consciousness occurs OUTSIDE of a brain? Or a study that proved that NDEs do?
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 8, 2015 at 6:23 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Explain how this woman knows whats happening to her while she's brain dead?

If she was brain dead she wouldn't have been able to wake up again to tell people what happened to her.
(August 8, 2015 at 4:19 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: In fact there are plenty of cases where people were conscious after being declared clinically dead (brain death being one of the criteria), Commonly shown by being able to describe events that took place in an emergency / operating room during the period in which they were clinically dead.
(emphasis is mine)

You really do talk right out of your ass. don't you?!? No one recovers from brain death you moron.

Brain death.

"Brain death is loss of function of the entire cerebrum and brain stem, resulting in coma, no spontaneous respiration, and loss of all brain stem reflexes. Spinal reflexes, including deep tendon, plantar flexion, and withdrawal reflexes, may remain. Recovery does not occur."
(emphasis is mine)
Source

Brain death is permanent and irreversible Huggies. Of course, if you ever actually read up on what you claim you'd know that.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Yeah, NDEs Lmao. That is what we call a Malarkey Hilarious
Yes, Huggy, one quote from an NDE obsessed nutjob changes my mind completely.

You've come nowhere near demonstrating that consciousness can exist outside of a brain.

And, as has been pointed out, had she been actually brain dead, she would be plain dead.
Take a human brain. Dice it. Run the bits through a sieve. Dry the resultant mush, douse it with petrol and light it.

If you can detect consciousness from the ashes, I'll start supporting the notion that a DEAD brain can function.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 9, 2015 at 12:14 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(August 8, 2015 at 4:19 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: In fact there are plenty of cases where people were conscious after being declared clinically dead (brain death being one of the criteria), Commonly shown by being able to describe events that took place in an emergency / operating room during the period in which they were clinically dead.
(emphasis is mine)

You really do talk right out of your ass. don't you?!? No one recovers from brain death you moron.

Really?

'Miracle recovery' of teen declared brain dead by four doctors

'It was the hand of God': 'Brain-dead' girl who was pulled off life support AWAKES from coma after chiropractor's prayer session and makes a full recovery

I suppose you're going to say "but they weren't really drain dead!". Before you do, make sure you include your medical credentials....
Huggy, your first link says the parents asked for a second opinion and faint brain activity was detected = not brain dead.

Your second link says that the girl's brain activity started up again = not brain dead.

Brain death is permanent. Death necessarily occurs. If they recover, it means they weren't brain dead.
From the article in Huggy's first link:

'In a statement, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust said: "The injury to Steven's brain was extremely critical and several CT scans of the head showed almost irreversible damage." ' [emphasis mine]

'...almost irreversible damage' is equivalent to 'reversible damage'.

I'm not going to research the second one, as I wouldn't believe the Daily Mail if they told me that water is wet.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 9, 2015 at 4:01 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Huggy, your first link says the parents asked for a second opinion and faint brain activity was detected = not brain dead.

Your second link says that the girl's brain activity started up again = not brain dead.

Brain death is permanent. Death necessarily occurs. If they recover, it means they weren't brain dead.

Ok then, what determines if a brain is dead? Whether or not a person recovers?

If that's the case, no one should ever be taken off life support....

What's next? Jesus wasn't really dead because he recovered?

Rolleyes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1854 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Man created god Foxaèr 10 3626 December 6, 2015 at 10:59 am
Last Post: Sappho
  Can raw energy create Order Christian 57 14357 September 17, 2013 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  How was the sun created on the fourth day? CleanShavenJesus 51 15917 June 17, 2013 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Zarith
  Man created in god's image Doubting_Thomas 40 19844 November 2, 2012 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  What does in God’s image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense. Greatest I am 14 9111 April 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  who created christianity joshgold17 84 27747 January 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: dqualk