Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 10:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The power of prayer
RE: The power of prayer
CARM?

CARM is being used as a reference?

You may as well use AiG or Rapture Ready...

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
What am I praying for when I say "please no retrograde, please no retrograde, please no retrograde "?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 15, 2015 at 4:05 pm)JBrentonK Wrote: I have once heard that it was said by God himself and his prophets that prayer is the most powerful example of the religious sense. (or one of the most powerful)

Well, it's true.

It is not true, because you cannot give one simple example of evidence of it being true. You believe it is true because it makes you feel comfortable. Believing in it gives you warm feelings.

Well, guess what? Warm feelings and wishing it were true because you want it to be true does not make it true.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Now it's getting good!

Holy wall of batshittery!

Nothing like fucking plagiarism for jesus! From the dipshits at CARM no less.
What is with the OP's word diarrhea? That was a steamy pile.
If I prayed for my three phase horizontal rock crusher/sorter to exit the third testing phase, what will happen?

It will corner the fucking market with its unprecedented efficiency and POWER!!!!!!

Is what will fucking happen.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 15, 2015 at 8:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: If I prayed for my three phase horizontal rock crusher/sorter to exit the third testing phase, what will happen?

Somehow I read that as third testicle phase. Dirty mind, as always.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 15, 2015 at 8:46 pm)abaris Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 8:44 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: If I prayed for my three phase horizontal rock crusher/sorter to exit the third testing phase, what will happen?

Somehow I read that as third testicle phase. Dirty mind, as always.

If you have a third testicle, this glorious machine will separate it from you with unheard of efficiency.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 15, 2015 at 7:08 pm)JBrentonK Wrote: You won't believe this, but weather you like to admit it or not you do pray.[...]

You won't believe this, but whether you like to admit is or not - you **** your ******. And also your ******. (Oh, you know what I'm talking about it even though you obviously won't admit it either)

F*** your god.

Amen
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I've said this repeatedly but it bares clarification; this individual is not legitimate.
He is obviously not legitimate. Everything he types is a poorly cobbled together mess designed to touch on every logical fallacy he can think of rather than actually argue any specific point.
Please stop responding to him with anything other than mild disdain and knowing acceptance that he is a fraud and an unskilled one at that.
This shouldn't be fooling so many people and it is getting rather embarrassing.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 4862 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2955 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 699 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Intercessory prayer is pointless RobbyPants 93 11013 October 27, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Group prayer on Skype on behalf of our Christian members I_am_not_mafia 132 17405 May 26, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  God limits himself to working through prayer phoenix31 14 3722 January 28, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The problem with prayer. Gawdzilla 286 28160 August 31, 2016 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Incognito
  The Paradox of Power.... ronedee 607 109942 October 6, 2015 at 12:17 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Stupid, selfish prayer requests Aroura 13 4392 May 31, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 7660 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue