Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 19, 2024, 3:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, Atheism is a Religion
RE: Yes, Atheism is a Religion
(December 15, 2015 at 5:01 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: YAY DELICATE'S BACK

Dodgy

Love you too, kid. Now go get me a beer.
(December 15, 2015 at 4:59 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 4:49 pm)Cato Wrote: Plantinga is a known ID devotee. He, like all the others of his ilk, don't bother assessing all the evidence and creating a working hypothesis to be tested. He starts with his conclusion and parrots arguments that attempt to lend credibility to his assertions. Plantinga doesn't have anymore evidence for god than you do. If he did, he would be arguing from his evidence and not tired rehashed arguments that only serve to desperately attempt to keep your pet deity out of the unemployment line.

Didn't I predict you wouldn't be able to provide a competent response?

Nothing you've said actually critiques an argument.

Are you trolling? He is critiquing your source for credibility.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 15, 2015 at 5:04 pm)Delicate Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 5:01 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: YAY DELICATE'S BACK

Dodgy

Love you too, kid. Now go get me a beer.

kayyy
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(December 15, 2015 at 5:12 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 4:59 pm)Delicate Wrote: Didn't I predict you wouldn't be able to provide a competent response?

Nothing you've said actually critiques an argument.

Are you trolling? He is critiquing your source for credibility.

Do you and Cato read lists of fallacies and mistake them for a how-to guide?

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies...-well.html
If your source is not credible, and biased I may add, any authority of or data drawn from that source also lacks credibility. It may be correct, but tainted to the point where you have to work to restore that credibility. No part of anything I said is fallacious.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 15, 2015 at 5:42 pm)Stimbo Wrote: If your source is not credible, and biased I may add, any authority of or data drawn from that source also lacks credibility. It may be correct, but tainted to the point where you have to work to restore that credibility. No part of anything I said is fallacious.

We're not depending on a source's testimony but their presented arguments, which can be assessed independent of any source. 

So yes, you're still committing a fallacy, and you're trying to defend your fallacy. This is why atheism is a joke.
As I said, the arguments are tainted by the source's lack of credibility until and unless you can show otherwis. It's rather like having Giggling Nannie Doss cook you xmas dinner - sure, you might be lucky this time, but could you really trust it?
Oh, and I am not atheism. Even if I am completely guilty of every charge you lay against me, it says nothing about anything or anyone other than me. This is why people regard you as a joke.
(December 15, 2015 at 6:03 pm)Stimbo Wrote: As I said, the arguments are tainted by the source's lack of credibility until and unless you can show otherwis. It's rather like having Giggling Nannie Doss cook you xmas dinner - sure, you might be lucky this time, but could you really trust it?

Are you thick? 

If Richard Dawkins says 2+2=4 does the fact that he can't think himself out of a paper bag on anything outside zoology make 2+2=4 false? 

Or can we examine the merits of the claim 2+2=4 on its own without worrying about who says it? 

Right now I could dismiss every word you're saying because you've actually been trying to defend a logical fallacy, a fact that tanks any shred of credibility you might have scrounged up over your lifetime. Should I do that, or engage with your claims as they stand, independent of who says them?
If Richard Dawkins said 2+2= "God doesn't exist", you can bet your braincell I'd be tearing him apart as a biased source.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5413 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Wink Religion vs Atheism! Bwahahahahahahahah MadJW 146 11943 November 5, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4657 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 25009 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 6221 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8733 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27865 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  No, Atheism isn't a Religion Napoléon 14 3315 December 14, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Comparing Religion to Fairy Tales and Myths Equal Atheism ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 13 4732 July 22, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Margaret Atwood claims atheism is a religion Foxaèr 36 10039 July 11, 2015 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Metis