Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who want proof of the exodus
RE: For those who want proof of the exodus
(January 7, 2016 at 10:27 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 7, 2016 at 9:59 am)Stimbo Wrote: I just played your card against you. Maybe you should ask yourself your own question.

Actually you didn't. Because not only have I "watched the movie" I wrote 1/2 of it. You said buried in this thread are examples of people wanting to 'discuss snoke' and I keep pointing back to the movie. Well as the head writer of this 'movie' I say without a doubt the only time i point back to the movie is when I have explained what the movie has said several times, and the hard headed old goat I am talking with, still does not understand the point the movie/I make, blows his broken argument completely out of the water. To which I say he needs to see the time lines illustrated out and all of the information compiled as the movie lays it all out. Then even if he does not want to believe he can at least see the movie Destroys his approach and undermines his argument concerning Rohl's theories.

Again if nothing else I'd like to at least have a topical discussion, rather than watch Minnie's parade of straw men arguements.

There is no proof for exodus and Stimbo really just did play your card against you
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 6, 2016 at 3:06 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(January 5, 2016 at 9:45 am)Drich Wrote: That is what this whole thread is about. The idea that "scholars" say one thing and the truth is completely different.

You drank the koolaid because it is comforting to your beliefs.  It's just a belief.  Throwing around words like 'truth' just shows how desperate you are for validation.  I watched the video and for my money, Rohl's and Mahoney's evidence on many points was little more than far-fetched speculation, draped over a few small points of data.  It's an interesting argument, but not nearly strong enough as to justify invalidating sound archaeological chronology.  And that's the bottom line.  You believe a weak argument because it provides you comfort.  That is not the grounds for 'truth'.

In your mind's eye what are some examples of "far fetched speculation" and what were the small data points?
(January 7, 2016 at 10:32 am)dyresand Wrote:
(January 7, 2016 at 10:27 am)Drich Wrote: Actually you didn't. Because not only have I "watched the movie" I wrote 1/2 of it. You said buried in this thread are examples of people wanting to 'discuss snoke' and I keep pointing back to the movie. Well as the head writer of this 'movie' I say without a doubt the only time i point back to the movie is when I have explained what the movie has said several times, and the hard headed old goat I am talking with, still does not understand the point the movie/I make, blows his broken argument completely out of the water. To which I say he needs to see the time lines illustrated out and all of the information compiled as the movie lays it all out. Then even if he does not want to believe he can at least see the movie Destroys his approach and undermines his argument concerning Rohl's theories.

Again if nothing else I'd like to at least have a topical discussion, rather than watch Minnie's parade of straw men arguements.

There is no proof for exodus and Stimbo really just did play your card against you

ROFLOL

... that's not what .. Never mind.

If your going to be a vulture and pick at a topic after it's dead,(Ie, not offer and real or new information, but just try and dog pile on) be smart about it like the rest of those who do this, and make sure that it is really dead first. Otherwise you might just get called out or be made to look the fool when your support for a claim or idea has been shown to be in error.
There's proof of everything I said for those who want it. Just read the thread.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If you read my messages and still believe the bible is true, you're reading my messages wrong. Read them again continually until you don't believe the bible is true. If you ever stop, you're just wrong, and you gave up on the truth that the bible isn't true.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 7, 2016 at 10:27 am)Drich Wrote: Actually you didn't. Because not only have I "watched the movie" I wrote 1/2 of it.

Just one week into the new year, and Drich is already the front-runner for funniest post of 2016.

What the fuck, Drich (Mr. Law), did Mahoney lose a bet or something?
Quote: Because not only have I "watched the movie" I wrote 1/2 of it.

That would actually explain the generally piss-poor quality of the effort.  Much glitz - little hard fact.

Allow me to remind you of what your fucking movie is all about, drip-shit.  The first half consists of Mahoney being steadily being rebuffed by all those nasty Egyptologists and archaeologists telling him his fucking bible is a pile of shit.  Depressed, he retreats to his home to contemplate how his cherished fairy tales could be saved and resolves to take another trip to the region to get his bible bullshit re-inflated only to be smacked down by reality once again.

It is not until he brings in Rohl on his white fucking horse and drinks all the Kool-Aid that he finds someone will tell him what he desperately wants to hear.  YES...IT"S TWUE, IT'S TWUE (think Madeleine Kahn in Blazing Saddles) and all we have to do is re-write all of ancient history so we can shoe horn the fucking bible in.

Your bible is not worth that much effort drippy.  You are so easily fooled.
(January 7, 2016 at 10:43 am)Drich Wrote:
(January 7, 2016 at 10:32 am)dyresand Wrote: There is no proof for exodus and Stimbo really just did play your card against you

ROFLOL

... that's not what .. Never mind.

If your going to be a vulture and pick at a topic after it's dead,(Ie, not offer and real or new information, but just try and dog pile on) be smart about it like the rest of those who do this, and make sure that it is really dead first. Otherwise you might just get called out or be made to look the fool when your support for a claim or idea has been shown to be in error.

[Image: giveupdemotivator.jpeg?v=1430403287]
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Dilbert nailed drippy pretty good here.

[Image: 6ed.gif]
(January 7, 2016 at 3:11 am)Minimalist Wrote: It deals with the collapse of the various Late Bronze Age empires like the Mycenaeans,  Minoans, Hittites,  Cyprus,  etc.   This is the Sea People assault but Cline goes  into other contributing factors.

The Ancient Near East went into a 350 year dark age as a result.   Somewhere in that dark age drippy 's Israelites took shape and the world has gone right down the shitter

Two minutes in. Already can tell I'll be reading the book as well. Thanks.

I'll contact you for the epub, if I can't find it myself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7251 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1394 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 4045 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5954 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6881 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5679 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10751 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2935 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6286 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19504 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished