Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 12:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien cover up
RE: Alien cover up
We have no evidence for any of this. It is more likely to be productive to explore possible answers for which we can reasonably expect to gather evidence.

But that is different from deny in principle answers for which we are unlikely to be able to gather evidence.
(December 27, 2015 at 3:00 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: We have no evidence for any of this.  It is more likely to be productive to explore possible answers for which we can reasonably expect to gather evidence.

But that is different from deny in principle answers for which we are unlikely to be able to gather evidence.

Ah, but in all likely hood we would be able to gather evidence if Aliens existed on earth. It's very hypothetical at best that they'd have some means of not being photographed or being able to block out all traces of their existence. I mean, how? Advanced technology that requires no explanation is pretty much the same as saying magic.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Alien cover upfer
To admit technology could exist that seems magical to us is hardly the same as saying there can be magic.  In any case, it does not need to even seem magical.  It is well within out own technology to survey our own planet in a manner that would avoid our own detection, so long as we make the prerequisite assumption that the alien can get such a surveillance device to our solar system.

For example, they can place an Hubble like optical telescope in orbit about the sun at lagrangian point with earth, and aim it at the earth.  The aperture of such a scope would be almost optically black when viewed from the direction it is pointed.  It can also be shield so as to emit very little infrared in the direction it is pointed at, and any part of it which protrodes beyond the aperture when viewed from the direction it is pointed at can also be pointed optical black. It can schedule its communication times so it's transmission beam never intersects the earth.   Such a surveillance device would be essentially undetectable to current technology, be able provide quite a voluminous amount of data about us, and is easily attainable with current technology.

On the larger philosophical point, it is madness to assert all for which we have no evidence therefore do not, or could not, exist.  That's because the ratio of things which exists to those for whose existence we have evidence must be enormously large.

The only thing which would be of greater madness is to assert a specific thing for which there is no evidence actually does exist.  That is because ratio of imaginable things whose existence is Unevidenced, and who in fact does not exist, to those whose existence is Unevidenced but in fact does exist, must be an even larger.  

To admit something for which there is no evidence may exist is therefore a vast gulf away from asserting that for which there is no evidence therefore actually does exist.   The former allows one to make progress towards finding more evidence for more things, the latter substitutes delusion for knowledge.
I hope there is some type of life elsewhere in the universe. If we're all there is, how boring.
(December 30, 2015 at 1:31 am)Deidre32 Wrote: I hope there is some type of life elsewhere in the universe. If we're all there is, how boring.

We only see such a small fraction of the universe with our current technology there is bound to be other worldly life out there and ironically
since the universe is so big there could another earth just like this with humans asking this same question. There more than likely is 
advance life forms out there and i would think they are far enough way that we don't need to worry about them. If they  are close enough 
to visit there could be issues i mean were not the most friendly place i mean if another alien race discovered us they would stay the hell away.

Bob the alien: Dave you see that planet right there.

Dave the alien: Yeah what about it

Bob the alien: Those primitive apes discovered how to split a atom.

Dave the alien: should we uh.. you know do anything

Bob the alien: uh.. no write that down email it to our leader and let's stay the hell away from earth.

Dave the alien: noted and done.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 30, 2015 at 1:50 am)dyresand Wrote:
(December 30, 2015 at 1:31 am)Deidre32 Wrote: I hope there is some type of life elsewhere in the universe. If we're all there is, how boring.

We only see such a small fraction of the universe with our current technology there is bound to be other worldly life out there and ironically
since the universe is so big there could another earth just like this with humans asking this same question. There more than likely is 
advance life forms out there and i would think they are far enough way that we don't need to worry about them. If they  are close enough 
to visit there could be issues i mean were not the most friendly place i mean if another alien race discovered us they would stay the hell away.

Bob the alien:  Dave you see that planet right there.

Dave the alien: Yeah what about it

Bob the alien: Those primitive apes discovered how to split a atom.

Dave the alien: should we uh.. you know do anything

Bob the alien: uh.. no  write that down email it to our leader and let's stay the hell away from earth.

Dave the alien: noted and done.

lol!! Big Grin

On the brightside, we could become the life "elsewhere" - should it be so disappointingly empty.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”   Benjamin Franklin

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” Søren Kierkegaard

“But you can't make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can't last.” - Ray Bradbury

“Sometimes a man wants to be stupid if it lets him do a thing his cleverness forbids.” - John Steinbeck

“Sometimes we find ourselves walking through life blindfolded, and we try to deny that we're the ones who securely tied the knot.” - Jodi Picoult

"So my response to this thread would be that much like religion, and other pseudo scientific conspiracies, the fear of the unknown will always be present, however the true test of reason is to bravely and boldly go on through life, admitting what you don't know, and not making up an answer to pretend you do. That is not a pathway to truth." - Heat
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 26, 2015 at 1:10 pm)Iroscato Wrote: I'm fairly certain there is no cover-up.

Shock Shock Shock Shock

* Losty crees tears of joy

Iro, I can't tell you how happy I am to see your name again xD
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 14, 2016 at 11:57 pm)Losty Wrote:
(December 26, 2015 at 1:10 pm)Iroscato Wrote: I'm fairly certain there is no cover-up.

Shock Shock Shock Shock

* Losty crees tears of joy

Iro, I can't tell you how happy I am to see your name again xD

Heart

You're welcome, my dear.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 6470 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Another famous alien hoax admitted ignoramus 13 2352 September 27, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Man That Killed 2 Alien Greys (Phil Schneider) scoobysnack 139 38340 June 9, 2017 at 2:35 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Mathematics An Alien Language? Mudhammam 28 8200 March 16, 2015 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  MUFON (Alien Encounters and Abductions) Mudhammam 44 11146 May 15, 2014 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Mystical